Will the RAZR be Honecomb or IceCream OS Friendly?

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Just wondering. I Like to stay ahead on OS and was wondering if it will be compatible with either or both the Honeycomb or IceCream OS?

Thanks

D.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Honeycomb no ICS yes.

r314bd

Reaction score
I just watched the Galaxy Nexus event...ICS (Android 4.0) utilizes on-screen navigation buttons. How is that supposed to work with the Droid RAZR?

OP
Venomhatch

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
I just watched the Galaxy Nexus event...ICS (Android 4.0) utilizes on-screen navigation buttons. How is that supposed to work with the Droid RAZR?

Hmm idk, but most importantly I watched that announcement also and I noticed how they skipped the mp level of the front and rear cameras, they do state 1080p video. But all sources say 5mp rear and 1.3mp front. But they never dispute it or state otherwise during the vid. Hmmmmmm.....

Amagine

Reaction score

I would imagine you could do either.

r314bd

Reaction score
Just saw this article at Engadget...apparently the Nexus S (which has physical buttons) is getting ICS and most Gingerbread devices will get it eventually as well...good news

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Just saw this article at Engadget...apparently the Nexus S (which has physical buttons) is getting ICS and most Gingerbread devices will get it eventually as well...good news

I'd be interested to see what hardware can handle ICS. There are GB devices with 600mhz CPUs out there.

I was always under the impression android was a hardware friendly OS.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes ICS will be the new OS for most newer devices. Probably going to need at least 512mb of RAM and a 1GHZ processor or else it will be pretty laggy. MPs don't really matter, so yes the galaxy nexus will probably take better pics than most 8mp cameras.a

skruid

Reaction score
If it is a phone more than likely it will have gingerbread or ics, and because honeycomb is for tablets, etc not phones, I can not think of a phone that runs honeycomb stock

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

OP
Venomhatch

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Yes ICS will be the new OS for most newer devices. Probably going to need at least 512mb of RAM and a 1GHZ processor or else it will be pretty laggy. MPs don't really matter, so yes the galaxy nexus will probably take better pics than most 8mp cameras.a

I don't think I will go after the nexus on the camera features alone.