Would it be possible to dual-boot ROMS?

Timmer1992

Reaction score
Yea i knew that, which is why i thought it was strange to find the gingerbread cyanogenmod release i tried telling me i need 2nd init, and the froyo kernel gingerbread base CM7.1 ROM allowing me to actually boot into liberty and go back, although liberty had no radio and was buggy as hell xD. Which build is the most stable build as of now, i hear that alot of the nightlys are very buggy, PS i have bought rom manager premium so maybe thatll make it easier. And also does rom manager actually select which roms it shows in the list by which clockwork mod you install, because i know the only way to get cwm to work on gingerbread is to use the droid x 2nd init release and when i go to that wouldnt it show droid x roms which when flashed would likely end in a sbf?

THanks for all the help. Sorry for jacking the thread.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea i knew that, which is why i thought it was strange to find the gingerbread cyanogenmod release i tried telling me i need 2nd init, and the froyo kernel gingerbread base CM7.1 ROM allowing me to actually boot into liberty and go back, although liberty had no radio and was buggy as hell xD. Which build is the most stable build as of now, i hear that alot of the nightlys are very buggy, PS i have bought rom manager premium so maybe thatll make it easier. And also does rom manager actually select which roms it shows in the list by which clockwork mod you install, because i know the only way to get cwm to work on gingerbread is to use the droid x 2nd init release and when i go to that wouldnt it show droid x roms which when flashed would likely end in a sbf?

THanks for all the help. Sorry for jacking the thread.

Well, Liberty isn't officially supported for the D2G, so that's probably why you issues.

I can't comment on which build is stable on the D2G, but I have used most Revnumbers CM7 builds on the X and haven't really had any issues. It is dependent on which Clockwork you flash, but you don't want to flash a DX recovery since it will only show you DX ROMs. Best bet would be to go to go to Revnumbers website or go to Rootzwiki for the builds

Boot Manager

Timmer1992

Reaction score
Well, Liberty isn't officially supported for the D2G, so that's probably why you issues.

I can't comment on which build is stable on the D2G, but I have used most Revnumbers CM7 builds on the X and haven't really had any issues. It is dependent on which Clockwork you flash, but you don't want to flash a DX recovery since it will only show you DX ROMs. Best bet would be to go to go to Revnumbers website or go to Rootzwiki for the builds

Boot Manager

K thanks again

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
RevNumbers CM nighlies
Apex 2.0 RC4
Liberty 3.0 RC1.2 (ported myself and fully functional)

All gb based. You have to use CM as the phone rom then load the others afterwards. You can't swap between gb/froyo.... and yes, liberty isn't supported so you have to manually port it.....

Sent from my D2G

Timmer1992

Reaction score
RevNumbers CM nighlies
Apex 2.0 RC4
Liberty 3.0 RC1.2 (ported myself and fully functional)

All gb based. You have to use CM as the phone rom then load the others afterwards. You can't swap between gb/froyo.... and yes, liberty isn't supported so you have to manually port it.....

Sent from my D2G

Any tutorials on learning ROM porting? Im interested in starting to develop but never actually knew where to start

Timmer1992

Reaction score
Any tutorials on learning ROM porting? Im interested in starting to develop but never actually knew where to start
Tried the most recent MIUI 1.10.21 it boots, but i get some fc's and i have no radio, and i have to force going back to the phone rom because without data i cant run the boot manager app.