Droid Eris Now Dual Booting Froyo and Eclair

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Nov 1, 2010.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    [​IMG]

Dual booting? Doesn't that usually involve two different OS's? Well not anymore with the latest development over at Xda. They have managed to get a ROM going that can dual boot into Froyo or Éclair on demand. This software is made for those that want Froyo speed, but some functionality that was left in Éclair ages.

The software is of course based on Sense like you would usually get with the Droid Eris, but it needs more to run than a usual ROM. The software to be able to dual boot needs at least an SD card to hold your codes, so it can boot from there.

Anyone own a Droid Eris and might use this software?

Read more on this

2. wmnomore

wmnomore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Weird. Interesting. Usefull?
    Who's putting the time into the Eris?? I would think the droid would be a better candidate. Is this more of an advantage on an eris with its lesser capabilities?

3. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    they is seriously a huge step. i hope they start doing this for other phones. like I'd love a standard rom like skyraider and then like miui or the liquid e rom on my incredible. so i could choose between the two.

4. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Thats great thinking, if you dont have an Eris. I will be flashing this to my wifes Eris at some point in time, and can only hope for dual boot options on my droid.

Search tags for this page

android bootloader eclair

htc eris dual rom