Droid Eris Now Dual Booting Froyo and Eclair

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
dualboot.png

Dual booting? Doesn't that usually involve two different OS's? Well not anymore with the latest development over at Xda. They have managed to get a ROM going that can dual boot into Froyo or Éclair on demand. This software is made for those that want Froyo speed, but some functionality that was left in Éclair ages.

The software is of course based on Sense like you would usually get with the Droid Eris, but it needs more to run than a usual ROM. The software to be able to dual boot needs at least an SD card to hold your codes, so it can boot from there.

2.1 Sense rom
Based on Jcase's Sense 2.1 rom
Simple solid base stock sense.
Uses CFSv6 Kernel
Wired and Wireless tether added
2.2 CM/AOSP Rom
This is Workshed's Froshedyo rom, you can get the solo version of it HERE.
Built from cm source with some minor theme changes.
Also uses CFSv6 Kernel
Built using Conap's vendor tree
Also has wireless and wired tether.

Anyone own a Droid Eris and might use this software?

Read more on this

wmnomore

Reaction score
Weird. Interesting. Usefull?
Who's putting the time into the Eris?? I would think the droid would be a better candidate. Is this more of an advantage on an eris with its lesser capabilities?

tktouch12

Reaction score
they is seriously a huge step. i hope they start doing this for other phones. like I'd love a standard rom like skyraider and then like miui or the liquid e rom on my incredible. so i could choose between the two.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Weird. Interesting. Usefull?
Who's putting the time into the Eris?? I would think the droid would be a better candidate. Is this more of an advantage on an eris with its lesser capabilities?
Thats great thinking, if you dont have an Eris. I will be flashing this to my wifes Eris at some point in time, and can only hope for dual boot options on my droid.