Would it be possible to dual-boot ROMS?

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is possible. Like to have the option to boot say cm7 or stock when your bootscreen shows up. My friend can dual-boot iOS and honeycomb on his iPhone so I'm wondering if that can happen on Apples security it surely could happen on Android. Or is it just a limitation of the OS/or kernel/bootloader?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Its supported for the D2. I assume the D2G is included too?

Can't help you with that one, sorry. Read the thread that I posted and if you don't see any mention of the D2G, just post and ask! Sorry I couldn't be more help.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Lol its all good. Just didn't feel like signing in on the desktop version :b

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Boot Manager doesnt officially support D2G but it still works very well with it. I use it all the time to swap.

Timmer1992

Reaction score
Boot Manager doesnt officially support D2G but it still works very well with it. I use it all the time to swap.

If you don't mind me asking, which roms are you dualbooting? Make sure to include which one is your phone rom, for some reason I had no success getting boot manager to work on any two roms, and I was interested in this

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to know it works with the D2G. I love it for my X. I run CM7, Darkslide and Liberty 3

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Revnumber's CM7 builds. And to disable logging, go to superuser and press the menu button. Then select settings. Scroll down to enable logging and unchecked it

Boot Manager

Timmer1992

Reaction score
Revnumber's CM7 builds. And to disable logging, go to superuser and press the menu button. Then select settings. Scroll down to enable logging and unchecked it

Boot Manager

But that doesnt make sense, because Apex and Liberty are Froyo ROM's and Revnumbers builds are now gingerbread, so are you talking about the old froyo builds? Because i tried Cyangoenmod 7.1.0 and got liberty to boot, even went back to cm after but got stuck in a boot loop in miui, really what i want to be able to do is, dual boot Cyanogenmod, Liquid, Miui and Stock. each of these roms have Gingerbread and Froyo releases. But like i said there are about a million and a half Cyanogenmod releases out there xD

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
But that doesnt make sense, because Apex and Liberty are Froyo ROM's and Revnumbers builds are now gingerbread, so are you talking about the old froyo builds? Because i tried Cyangoenmod 7.1.0 and got liberty to boot, even went back to cm after but got stuck in a boot loop in miui, really what i want to be able to do is, dual boot Cyanogenmod, Liquid, Miui and Stock. each of these roms have Gingerbread and Froyo releases. But like i said there are about a million and a half Cyanogenmod releases out there xD

Liberty v0.9, Liberty 3 and Apex 2.0 are GB. Only Gingerbread kernel ROMs will work with Boot Manager.

Boot Manager