Will the RAZR be Honecomb or IceCream OS Friendly?

dracos

Reaction score
Techcrunch has verified with Motorola that Razr will be getting ICS early next year take it with a grain of salt:

Motorola’s Droid Razr made quite the splash yesterday thanks in part to its impressive hardware, but the Android build that it runs seems bit quaint now thanks to Ice Cream Sandwich. No worries, though: if you pick up a Droid Razr when it ships in November, you should be getting the Android 4.0 update in early 2012.

News of the Ice Cream Sandwich release window came courtesy of Alain Mutricy, Motorola Mobility’s SVP of Portfolio and Product Management. He seemed to be very forthcoming while speaking at a Berlin press conference, mentioning that Droid Razr users will receive the update sometime in Q1 2012, and that Motorola is working to get the Droid Razr’s hallmark features working in Ice Cream Sandwich.

Among those features is Motocast, a nifty way to directly stream media and content from your PC to your Droid Razr. And who could forget Smart Actions, the context-sensitive app that manages device settings according to user-defined situations? The Droid Razr wouldn’t be the Droid Razr without them, so a little extra time to get things working is to be expected.

It’s a bummer for those who wanted (or hoped) to see Motorola’s hardware combined with Google’s latest-and-greatest OS, but at least the Droid faithful have something to look forward to.

Droid Razr To Taste Ice Cream Sandwich Update In Q1 2012 | TechCrunch

geoff5093

Reaction score
I saw a tweet my Engadget saying ICS will be available "early 2012".

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto has always been good about pushing software updates. Samsung not so much (fascinate on 2.1 forever) and HTC not too good either (tbolt on froyo still!)

Insidious

Reaction score
Its getting it in November or December. (I can't remember which) but Motorola has been pretty good on updates except with the D2 line. We're JUST now getting GB

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

lobo13

Reaction score
As it has been mentioned it will receive the ICS update sometime next year. The only thing that could possibly delay the update is probably since Droid Razr was built with Gingerbread in mind. So this may complicate things. I would say mid 2012 instead.

OP
Venomhatch

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
I won't either. But the beam feature of the Nexus/ ICS was too cool.

That was a feature I was able to do with the help of an app on GingerBread on my OG Moto Droid. So when ICS comes out I would believe it would be possible if not already on razr.