will pay for help

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm on Rubix1.8.9 2.3.20

If you're on 1.8.9 and all of your media works, you need to use the 2.3.15 FULL sbf, go back to stock, re-activate your phone and sign in to Google. After that you can get the OTA directly from your phone.

Strikeir13

Reaction score
I'm on Rubix1.8.9 2.3.20

If you're on 1.8.9 and all of your media works, you need to use the 2.3.15 FULL sbf, go back to stock, re-activate your phone and sign in to Google. After that you can get the OTA directly from your phone.

If he's on .320, can't he apply these updates and then flash 1.9.0 to be up to date?
TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

Also, if he's on 2.3.20 already, I don't think he should be using the 2.3.15 SBF, but correct me if I'm wrong... (and if his computer is busted he won't be SBFing anyway...)

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm on Rubix1.8.9 2.3.20

If he's on .320, can't he apply these updates and then flash 1.9.0 to be up to date?
TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

Also, if he's on 2.3.20 already, I don't think he should be using the 2.3.15 SBF, but correct me if I'm wrong... (and if his computer is busted he won't be SBFing anyway...)

If he's on rubiX Focused 1.8.9, he's not on 2.3.320 with the updated bootloader and kernel. That's why I asked if media worked.

If his media works, he can SBF and go back to stock to ota. Otherwise, he'd have to use the TBH patches like you said.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
I'm at that point when tbh put out the leak, but I NEVER did it because it was to early drod made a update with a with or without the leak version. So I chose non leaked now everything is base on the new system version. So I flashed back to the earliest version I HAVE. Now if I could get my hands on the tbh leak link then I could work my way back up.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Does anyone have the tbh leak link?

bullfrog1401

Reaction score
chefb, do you have access to a computer at all? If you do, I would NOT install the TBH leak since you can SBF back to the stock version and then use OTA to update. There is another post in this forum that details the exact steps. If you need the stock SBF send me a PM and I will get it to you ASAP.

Greg_droid

Reaction score
Is there a reason you don't want to SBF back to stock, and do the OTA update?

The link bullfrog just posted doesn't have any links. The leak links you're asking for are all stickied here: Droid X Discussion. In the event the links have been removed, you can also purchase the Team Black Hat App which provides the files you are requesting, and by purchasing the app, it's a small donation to the people that provide the stuff to us.

After you get the .320 leak, you can use the links provided from P3 to update to .340 in this thread: TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I was on 2.3.15, SBF'd back to stock OTA Froyo. Somehow, that put me into a bootloop. No idea how, I've SBF'd before and with that file. I took my phone to verizon, said that the OTA update messed up my phone and they put my phone to the newest OTA for me. I'm sure they just SBF'd too, but they did it on a computer in a back office, so I wasn't able to see. Took maybe 10 minutes or so. Easy peesy. Logged back into my google account and was back in action. No idea why the SBF didn't work for me, but no biggie either. I don't need that SBF anymore anyways.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
I was on 2.3.15, SBF'd back to stock OTA Froyo. Somehow, that put me into a bootloop. No idea how, I've SBF'd before and with that file. I took my phone to verizon, said that the OTA update messed up my phone and they put my phone to the newest OTA for me. I'm sure they just SBF'd too, but they did it on a computer in a back office, so I wasn't able to see. Took maybe 10 minutes or so. Easy peesy. Logged back into my google account and was back in action. No idea why the SBF didn't work for me, but no biggie either. I don't need that SBF anymore anyways.

After an SBF it is common to have an occurring Red eye bootloop. All you need to do is boot into Stock recovery and then do a Wipe/Factory Reset.

As everyone else has stated it would be easier on you to just use the .15 SBF and then get the OTA update. If you are completely unable to do the SBF then check out my droid world and do you some reading under discussion.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Is there a reason you don't want to SBF back to stock, and do the OTA update?

The link bullfrog just posted doesn't have any links. The leak links you're asking for are all stickied here: Droid X Discussion. In the event the links have been removed, you can also purchase the Team Black Hat App which provides the files you are requesting, and by purchasing the app, it's a small donation to the people that provide the stuff to us.

After you get the .320 leak, you can use the links provided from P3 to update to .340 in this thread: TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader.

I have the black hat app and it has a few Sbf files now do I use and how do you use it? Mind you no access to pc

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Well to use an SBF you have to have use a computer.... :( There is no way to flash an SBF without a computer.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Ok..now what about this a file on there that says froyo 2.2.1 (blur2.3.320) system2.2.1(2.3.320 deoxed update. zip format says to manually format in recovery. Them mount and install this rom. Is this the leak I'm looking for?

akiles

Reaction score
If you never installed the leak from TBH, if you can take it to a vz store, they'll put you on the OTA -read a couple of posts above.

If you live in Northern VA you can use my laptop -I had to offer...

Ok..now what about this a file on there that says froyo 2.2.1 (blur2.3.320) system2.2.1(2.3.320 deoxed update. zip format says to manually format in recovery. Them mount and install this rom. Is this the leak I'm looking for?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

You can use the deodexed update.zip file to get to 320. From there you can do 320 and 340 stuff. There are some other updates you should do but don't do them until you have a computer because odds are high that you'll need to sbf (which requires a computer).

Honestly, though, best advice is to get it into a boot loop, take it to Verizon, tell then that the OTA update messed it up, and have them fix it. Once you're done with that, don't root it again. You shouldn't be doing this sort of thing if you don't have a computer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App