Getting Rubix

1jklange

Reaction score
Hopefully someone will help me figure this out.

I am running on Apex rom right now but want to switch to Rubix but have the update that got pushed to my phone.

So can anyone help walk me through this? Should I restore my phone back to Froyo 2.2 then update? Then how do I should I get Rubix on there?

OP

1jklange

Reaction score

Jordan8

Reaction score
Do you already have 2.3.340 on your phone? If so you just install the LEAK version of Rubix 1.9 & then install this patch: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/104626-patch-focused-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a.html

I have it downloaded but it wont install while on Apex rom so how can I get it updated? I have my phone backed up to before I put this rom on it.

If you have a backup from when your phone was stock, restore it & update(what I did). If not you could use a SBF.

EDIT: You will have to root your phone again after updating. z4root worked fine for me on 340.

Last edited:

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Do you already have 2.3.340 on your phone? If so you just install the LEAK version of Rubix 1.9 & then install this patch: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/104626-patch-focused-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a.html

I have it downloaded but it wont install while on Apex rom so how can I get it updated? I have my phone backed up to before I put this rom on it.

In order to apply the .340 update you will need to sbf to 2.2, yes. After you do that, follow the instructions posted above on getting to RubiX 1.9.0 LEAK and then patch it.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have it backed up after I rooted but it has all the stock stuff on it besides being rooted will that work?

Yeah, root shouldn't matter as long as you have not removed/renamed any of the stock apk's.

OP

1jklange

Reaction score
I have it backed up after I rooted but it has all the stock stuff on it besides being rooted will that work?

Yeah, did for me.

Alright I am restoring my phone back to point right after I rooted it but did not change anything else. Let you know if I still am struggling. (noob). Thanks for everyones quick responses.

OP

1jklange

Reaction score

Yeah, did for me.

Alright I am restoring my phone back to point right after I rooted it but did not change anything else. Let you know if I still am struggling. (noob). Thanks for everyones quick responses.

Can anyone point to me a link for Rubix for 2.3.340? I restored it to froyo 2.2 then did the update and am looking for the install/directions to latest Rubix for it.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Yeah, did for me.

Can anyone point to me a link for Rubix for 2.3.340? I restored it to froyo 2.2 then did the update and am looking for the install/directions to latest Rubix for it.

Download the LEAK version of rubix 1.9. After you install it, install the patch for 340. I posted the link to the patch on this thread, 2nd post I think

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App