Will Ota update prevent revoked3 root on htc di?

mostwanted231

Reaction score
My question is will the new ota update that includes 720p video recording and mobile hot spot close the hole that revoked3 uses to easily root your incredible?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The leaked version that alot of people have benn running does not stop the unrevoked3 way of root. That is not to say the offical verizon one will not. i would recommend that you wait until the unrevoked team say it is ok to flash. I would follow them on twitter to keep current on updates.

OP
M

mostwanted231

Reaction score
Well its not even 2.2 yet. Just a couple of things. So should I wait on rooting right now?

OP
M

mostwanted231

Reaction score
No I didn't get the ota I wanna know if I should wait on the ota update and root now ?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would root. There is no downside to it.

egobuster1

Reaction score
just root and maybe before that OTA happens we will have a working froyo rom and then no one will care bout the OTA

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just root and maybe before that OTA happens we will have a working froyo rom and then no one will care bout the OTA
there is a kinda working froyo rom. dl clockwork mod and dl the nightly. cam and gps doesnt work though

givmedew

Reaction score

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there is a kinda working froyo rom. dl clockwork mod and dl the nightly. cam and gps doesnt work though

Those are 2 very important things lol

[ROM] Sky Raider 1.9 Beta [Froyo+Sense][GPS/BT/WIFI/MMS!!!] UPDATED: 07/17/2010 - xda-developers

Has GPS and Sense and sense can be disabled via a script.
If a mms and gps are important to you and you would still like a CM rom, there is a patch that fixes mms and gps. cam is still broken but i never use it or gps.

CyanogenMod-6 (Froyo) | Droid Fiend

And the skyraider rom is a fantastic one, updated almost daily, but even it's cam doesn't work. Dinc+froyo-.32 kernel=no cam as it is right now.

Last edited:

Jett2314

Reaction score
Is there a way to block them from pushing updates to your phone? I was told this would do it "adb while in recovery, with partition mounted
cd system/etc/security
mv otacerts.zip BAKotacerts.zip
mv cacerts.bks BAKcacerts.bks
exit
exit
reboot"
But am unable to get it to work. After applying it the phone will not boot, it just gets stuck in a boot loop.
Thanks