1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Will Liberty run on 5.9.901?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Roms' started by NickSaul, Dec 26, 2011.

1. NickSaul

NickSaul New Member

The Liberty ROM is my favorite, but last night I applied the 5.9.901 update. Can I flash Liberty over that? I've heard mixed things about the 5.9.901 build and custom ROMS. Thanks.
  2. ducky124

ducky124 Member

probably not, but try it and let us know
  3. kurumatt

kurumatt New Member

Some guys at rootzwiki modified them to run with 901.

rootzwiki.com/topic/13096-901-radio-working-with-custom-rom/

I'm currently running the liberty version. Flawless so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. NickSaul

NickSaul New Member

Yep, that's what I did. Works just fine.
  5. wilboy

wilboy New Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  6. markwebb

markwebb New Member

I am very confused after reading all of the .901 posts. Is 901 on the upgrade path or do we need to use P3 Droid 1click to get back to upgrade path?
    I want to try the 901 but don't want to be stuck there.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. Stelv

Stelv New Member

We are not sure if 901 is on upgrade path. It was pushed to a few people by motorola by accident. I installed it manually. I am hoping it is on the path since they pushed it to a couple people by mistake. 901 fixed any remaining issues my phone had for the most part.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  8. spooner2007

spooner2007 New Member

I put 901 on my phone and ran for a couple hours... work amazing like! Got 886 back on my phone after hours of fighting with two bionics... working fine now... found radio flash file in one of the forums... wasnt working until i used that zip file... meaning no internet... bars with x... but sending with 4g and all back rooted and all...

Will try said 901 updated custom roms...

Also what is the radio supposed to be? Whats the numbers and or letters...

9. saintvicious

saintvicious New Member

Much thanks. Devs for being on top of the game, rootzwiki, and everyone that helped me to second guess replacing this sweet ass phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  10. kamisan

kamisan New Member

Really does not matter now, P3 files can get you back to 5.5.893 (you need to use the fix file on his page for this) but going back to 5.5.893 will put you back in ANY path for legit OTA's the 901 was sent in some markets, not all, so it really is not a leak or cheesecake, but no worries, the ability to now go backwards makes it a mute point.
  11. shakyone

shakyone New Member

I didn't know if it was on the recovery path, but I installed the .901 update.

It seems to be working. I was able to maintain Root with the 4everoot. I then installed Safestrap (Hash of Codes: HOW-TO Safestrap) for the first time, after removing Bootstrap and CWM Recovery. Safestrap is a nice improvement, and it protects the primary system. I'm a fan.

I have the stock w/.901 installed in my "Un-safe" and Liberty w/.901 (.901 radio working with custom rom! - RootzWiki) compatibility in my "Safe" installation+ICS4Alpha, to play with. It is working very well. I still have signal drop outs, but they are less severe, and less often. It was pretty easy to revert from ICS4Alpha back to the Liberty w/.901 within the "Safe" side of Safestrap, via a backup. I'm enjoying my phone just a little more lately.

Good luck to any of you that wish to try it out.

Yes, my Liberty w/.901 still shows version number of 5.5.886, for those that care...

Shaky
  12. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Just to let you know that all is well since my quote you referenced. Like you, updated to.901 while maintaining root ( I always have a copy of rooted stock) and used safestrap to back up and am using kin3tix 901 ROM as my safe install. I also have a backup of liberty 901 saved. No issues jumping back and fourth.
    As an added sense of security also backed up rooted stock and rooted 901 in bionic bootstrap and clockwork.