Too Soon? Rom based on 5.9.901 ?

scottocs

Reaction score
I haven't been checking back here lately but I see that 5.9.901 is out for the Bionic.

How difficult would it be for someone to develop a Rom off of this one?
And would people who have an updated kernel/radio be able to get the new update?

Thanks

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this and installing the kint3x rom even though that rom is no longer supported by droid the3ory.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

markwebb

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this and installing the kint3x rom even though that rom is no longer supported by droid the3ory.

Huh? This Rom is fairly new as of 2-3 weeks ago?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately on twitter, DROID th3ory stated he's dropping support for the bionic.

yiannis

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately on twitter, DROID th3ory stated he's dropping support for the bionic.

Dropping support for the specific ROM, or for the Bionic altogether? I doubt he'd abandon his ICS project.

Just wondering whether those of us with the 5.7.893 leak will be stuck with that radio and kernel.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dhacker will still support ics but DROID th3ory has moved on, 2 different people.

foamman

Reaction score
Dropping support for the specific ROM, or for the Bionic altogether? I doubt he'd abandon his ICS project.

Just wondering whether those of us with the 5.7.893 leak will be stuck with that radio and kernel.

DHacker is working on Ics4Bionic. There is a 1 Click solution to get you back to stock.

yiannis

Reaction score
DHacker is working on Ics4Bionic. There is a 1 Click solution to get you back to stock.

Are you talking about option 1 of the released and forever program or is it something else?

yiannis

Reaction score
You've missed a lot the last couple days. A lot of excitement, drama and suspense! You are very welcome!

Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method

Installing 5.5.893 from the script now :) Downloaded it with LTE while Comcast was at 13%!!

Why install the 5.5.901 "immediately" after 5.5.893? I just rebooted in 5.5.893 and waiting for root. Can I not install the 5.5.901 by bootstraping into recovery?

Last edited:

foamman

Reaction score
Installing 5.5.893 from the script now :) Downloaded it with LTE while Comcast was at 13%!!

Why install the 5.5.901 "immediately" after 5.5.893? I just rebooted in 5.5.893 and waiting for root. Can I not install the 5.5.901 by bootstraping into recovery?

No, 5.5.901 has to be installed in STOCK RECOVERY!

foamman

Reaction score
Done, now I need to find the change log to see why I even bothered :)

Not to beat a dead horse. Since the 901 update my Bionic has been flawless. Data drops are gone, camera works like it's supposed to, apps no longer disappear, the phone is more responsive, transfer between WIFI and network is instantaneous... The list keeps growing

wooddale

Reaction score
That kinda sucks about TH3ORY throwing in the towel but I think he did the same thing with the TB. Well it was a gfood ride while it lasted. We still have Liberty and Eclipse. Im on Eclipose now and it's not bad not alot of whistles and bells but it is faster then all of them.