Will Droid 2 get gingerbread?

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Way back in December someone said they'd only rooted their phone to use rooted-only apps. Which are some of these apps and why would a dev only write an app for a rooted phone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Way back in December someone said they'd only rooted their phone to use rooted-only apps. Which are some of these apps and why would a dev only write an app for a rooted phone?

Well u got titanium backup which will backup all your apps and the progress of them, wireless tethering so I can tether my ipad while at school, and drocap which takes screen shots of my phone to post up or sent to people

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

Why have root in the first place? Because certain apps need access to the system level to do there job, and by default we are not an administrator of the system/phone and do not have access to all the core files of the system.

j1999t

Reaction score
so i decided because my phone was being slow in general, that i would factory reset, i did, no problems, and z4root worked successfully... now im in the final debate of whether to go with the gingerbread leaked rooted rom or stay with froyo rooted..

what apps will i need to do this (i know bootstrap recovery, is it by clockworkmod?)?

what problems will i be facing if/once i flash to gingerbread?

what is the best source for the gingerbread leak rooted?

what apps wont work with gingerbread yet?

thanks so much!

b4ux1t3

Reaction score
I guess this thread is the best place to ask:

I still haven't gotten the Gingerbread update available on my Droid 2. As far as I can tell, you have to flash the 2.3 ROM to get it. Am I mistaken? Is there a way to get 2.3 through a more (for lack of a better term) official method?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
I guess this thread is the best place to ask:

I still haven't gotten the Gingerbread update available on my Droid 2. As far as I can tell, you have to flash the 2.3 ROM to get it. Am I mistaken? Is there a way to get 2.3 through a more (for lack of a better term) official method?

Your mistaken flashing the gingerbread ROM is just that a ROM its not the original firmwar update bc that hasn't been released yet...and your have to be rooted to flash the ROM and then when the update is officaly released you will have to SBF back to stock then update from there

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Spazz +1 I will get u back sir