wiimote and emulator help

Trogdor2012

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me get my wiimote working with any of the *oid emulators (nesoid etc.) Anyone have any luck getting their wiimote working with any emulators?

Reaction score
Used to be able to connect my Wiimote to my OG Droid. Just tried today to connect it to my Droid3. The WiiControllerIME recognizes that the Wiimote is connected, buttons are being press but SNESoid won't recognize them in the key mapping settings.

OP
T

Trogdor2012

Reaction score
That's exactly my problem the strange thing is that it is typing stuff in the rom selection part when I exit out of the rom.

Reaction score
That's exactly my problem the strange thing is that it is typing stuff in the rom selection part when I exit out of the rom.

Just noticed that, too.

The App recognizes the buttons are being pushed. I went into settings, mapped the buttons to what appears when I use the Wiimote. But then in the game it won't recognize it.

http://android.ccpcreations.com/wiicontroller

According to the developer's website, it seems Sense UI is giving them trouble. Maybe something with the MotoUI is interfering?

EDIT: But then again: "if the connection succeeds and you are able to see event messages when you press buttons on the controller, then your device is supported"

The connection succeeds so maybe the problem lies with SNESoid?

EDIT2: Snes9x EX works without the Wiimotecontroller app. Except with the nunchuck attached, the controls go really crazy and won't let me get into the options.

Last edited:
OP
T

Trogdor2012

Reaction score
how are you pairing the controller in snex9x without the app? I've never used the android version on snes9x.

Reaction score
how are you pairing the controller in snex9x without the app? I've never used the android version on snes9x.

I've never used it before today. It's right in the settings when you start the app. If you scroll down there's an option to connect a Wiimote. Classic controller+Wiimote and Wiimote alone both work. Nunchuk+Wiimote isn't working though.

militant

Reaction score
So to confirm wiimote + snesoid (presumably gameboid, etc) doesn't work but using the remote setup with snex9x works?

R3D3

Reaction score
Wiimote + nesoid, snesoid, gensoid, n64oid all have the problem for me. Types in the background behind the game. I'd wager it's motoblur's fault.

militant

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast responses guys/(gals?). I'm going to hold off for now and see if the dev is able to fix wiimote, as all my emulators are of the "oid" variety.

seanwetzel

Reaction score
Same problem with Droid X2 and Emulators / Wiimote

I am having the same issue. I did not have this problem on my original droid X, but i am having it now on my droid X2

Bump :)