Wifi tether

Lkbig

Reaction score
After the OTA, I had to re-root like everyone else. Now when I try and get wifi-tether going a new icon w/menu pops up in the status bar that says enable wifi-tether. I don't think I've seen that before and I want to make sure that if I click on that i'm not going to be connected to verizon's paid service. I just want my wifi tether back. I don't use it much but when I do, it really saves my bacon.

texasbred78

Reaction score
After the OTA, I had to re-root like everyone else. Now when I try and get wifi-tether going a new icon w/menu pops up in the status bar that says enable wifi-tether. I don't think I've seen that before and I want to make sure that if I click on that i'm not going to be connected to verizon's paid service. I just want my wifi tether back. I don't use it much but when I do, it really saves my bacon.

I get the same thing. i didn't activate either and when my computer connects and i go to browser, all i can get is a page from verizon broadband access telling me something about activating mobile hotspot feature. how do we get passed this without paying verizon?

Dolfns99

Reaction score
If you so some searching and reading, you will know that it has been discussed already. There is a NV hack that you need radiocom to get passed the verizon webpage. I will look for links to post but in the meantime you guys need to do some searching.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

texasbred78

Reaction score
If you so some searching and reading, you will know that it has been discussed already. There is a NV hack that you need radiocom to get passed the verizon webpage. I will look for links to post but in the meantime you guys need to do some searching.

Appreciate you answer, but i have been searching and reading. I did come across the radiocom hack, but uneasy about doing it. Is there any other way?

Dolfns99

Reaction score
The radiocom hack is very easy. I consider myself a noob as well. Hope my answer was not rude. But if you get on rootzwiki and follow directions, it really isnt hard. Worst case scenerio... sbf!

OP
L

Lkbig

Reaction score
I started on the radiocom hack but the radio indicator only goes green in usb mode and not pc mode. Is it still safe to proceed?

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Do you still need the radiocomm hack if you are not on the Verizon network? If you are using a foreign sim, can you tether with the native 3g hotspot app?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Saosinx

Reaction score
If you follow the radio hack found on rootzwiki, to the T, you'll have no issue. Read the entire thread, post by post, first cause there's a lot of good information other users have found doing the hack. Just fyi.

Sent from CM7ed D2G