wifi Tether app?

blackops

Reaction score
Quick question I was told that we should just download wifi tether from market since that will work. Instead of the ones in Froyo build and thus may need to sign up for a paid plan.

I was wondering which is the best wifi tether app or the one that I should end up downloading from the market?

Thanks

five5

Reaction score
best one is called wifi tether by lemons buxton muller
I heard barnacle was really good but does not work froyo. Anyway, i think this is the wrong place to post this. Has nothing to do w/ jrummy's roms.

OP
B

blackops

Reaction score
Thanks. I just posted it here because JRummy (it could have been another member though) mentioned it in the Kanegrade 5.0.9 thread that the wifi tether option does not work and will not work with Froyo. Mentioned to download the one from Market since it will work with the ROMs.

If I posted this in the wrong place ok, but it was something I saw in the other forum but was wondering which one people were using.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This works for Froyo roms and it doesn't report back to VZW that you're tethering. Go to that page and download one of the latest programs. Move to the root of your sdcard. Install using your file manager.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You are done. Wifi tether should now work right off the bat. No fiddling or fixes needed.[/FONT]

five5

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This works for Froyo roms and it doesn't report back to VZW that you're tethering. Go to that page and download one of the latest programs. Move to the root of your sdcard. Install using your file manager.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You are done. Wifi tether should now work right off the bat. No fiddling or fixes needed.[/FONT]

Is this different than the Wifi tether thats in the market? That one seems to be working fine for me on froyo.

OP
B

blackops

Reaction score
Thanks I saw that earlier and downloaded it just have not installed it since I was not sure if that was the one that others were talking about on the ROM forum.

Thanks

jjester1040

Reaction score
OK guys and gals I have downloaded every wireless tether I could find and I get the same result.. Ive tried moving to sd and internal memory, My laptop sees the wireless tether but when I try and connect it says windows cant connect to android tether. the down shows .4 kb but up stays at zero. Please shoot some ideas my way Im out of ideas. Im running kangarade 5.0.9 blue theme if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

hddeuce60

Reaction score
Mine did the same thin and i stopped tethering and restarted and it found a seperate android device i selected it and it worked fine.

jjester1040

Reaction score
Mine did the same thin and i stopped tethering and restarted and it found a seperate android device i selected it and it worked fine.

dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: Your Amazing! Worked like a charm... Thanks alot