Wifi serious issue

JOx

Reaction score
Whenever I try to use my wifi on my phone, it will register a signal (a strong one) but as soon as I try to use the internet the phone will act like there is no signal whatsoever. On top of that, the wifi on my computer, and id assume in my house, stops working as well. It only takes a simple router reset to fix the problem, but it was quite a pain in the butt. Especially considering that this problem is being caused by turning on wifi....any ideas?

jamzgo

Reaction score
i have the same issue. I had the same issue when i was on froyo but seemed to be fixed when gingerbread was released. I think it may have to do with the froyo kernal that cm7 uses........anyone have any fixes??

kc5tdr

Reaction score
It definitely sounds like a router upgrade is in order.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
Sounds like a router issue from your description. Im having wifi issues as well. Do you use mac filtering on your router? I do and since loading CM7 i can go to settings, about phone, status and write down my mac address. Then toggle wifi off and back on. Move one screen back and then back to status and my mac address has changed on the phone. Ive done this six times now and it always changes. I started with an sbf before loading CM7. The mac address shouldn't change but it does.

barski

Reaction score
Its definitely something with your router. You might want to reset or upgrade your router.

NWEng

Reaction score
Sounds like a router issue from your description. Im having wifi issues as well. Do you use mac filtering on your router? I do and since loading CM7 i can go to settings, about phone, status and write down my mac address. Then toggle wifi off and back on. Move one screen back and then back to status and my mac address has changed on the phone. Ive done this six times now and it always changes. I started with an sbf before loading CM7. The mac address shouldn't change but it does.

I'm seeing this issue as well, not quite sure what to make of it at the moment and I don't want to keep updating my router with a new MAC addr each time I reboot the phone.

Droid_Junky

Reaction score

I'm seeing this issue as well, not quite sure what to make of it at the moment and I don't want to keep updating my router with a new MAC addr each time I reboot the phone.

I haven't found a solution yet. I switched over to MIUI just to see what all the fuss was about and found that it has the same problem. Of course it is CM based. Google'd the issue and it seems to be a common problem with CM7. I think most people believe it to be a problem with their router even though it is not. Their is also a widespread issue with CM7 users having the same MAC address on every device. This was on a different phone model though. The MAC should never change and it should be unique to every device.

I ran another SBF to make sure it wasn't an issue with my phone. Works fine on stock. Then loaded the original CM7 file and had the same issue come back. Loaded the latest nightly and still the same issue. I suspect everyone has this issue and they just don't use MAC filtering so they don't see it.

praetor

Reaction score

I haven't found a solution yet. I switched over to MIUI just to see what all the fuss was about and found that it has the same problem. Of course it is CM based. Google'd the issue and it seems to be a common problem with CM7. I think most people believe it to be a problem with their router even though it is not. Their is also a widespread issue with CM7 users having the same MAC address on every device. This was on a different phone model though. The MAC should never change and it should be unique to every device.

I ran another SBF to make sure it wasn't an issue with my phone. Works fine on stock. Then loaded the original CM7 file and had the same issue come back. Loaded the latest nightly and still the same issue. I suspect everyone has this issue and they just don't use MAC filtering so they don't see it.

I don't use MAC filtering but I'm experiencing this. WPA2-PSK AES

pkrexer

Reaction score
Having the same issue. Wifi was working perfect on stock gingerbread. Installed CM7 and now my phone will randomly connect to my wireless for about 15-30 seconds and then disconnects. I'm not using mac filtering, but my security is WPA2-PSK, AES

jamzgo

Reaction score
Like I said, when i was on froyo this happened, gingerbread seemed to have fixed it (all ROMS included), but then i tried CM but the wifi issue reappeared......hopefully they can fix it but until then I'm running Apex :(