Motorola Turbo 2
Anybody else having wifi issues and is there a fix

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Could you be a little more specific with what type of wifi issues? It might help with providing possible fix suggestions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Wifi tries to authenticate to know wifi and then fails. Only fix is to reboot phone and it works for a while

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In WiFi Settings, what is your Keep WiFi On During Sleep set to? What is your Avoid Bad WiFi Connections set to? In Location Settings > 3 dot menu > Scanning > What is WiFi Scanning set to?

Have you tested while running the phone in Safe Mode to help determine if a Play Store app is causing issues with Wifi?

Have you tried to Forget the WiFi network in WiFi Settings, reboot the phone and then re add the WiFi network back in?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
In WiFi Settings, what is your Keep WiFi On During Sleep set to? What is your Avoid Bad WiFi Connections set to? In Location Settings > 3 dot menu > Scanning > What is WiFi Scanning set to?

Have you tested while running the phone in Safe Mode to help determine if a Play Store app is causing issues with Wifi?

Have you tried to Forget the WiFi network in WiFi Settings, reboot the phone and then re add the WiFi network back in?

Forgetting and reboot fixed had to do the same with car Bluetooth

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Forgetting and reboot fixed had to do the same with car Bluetooth

Good deal. Glad to hear things are working better now.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Every time I reboot I have to reconnect my blue tooth to car by turning blue tooth off and on. I wish they would fix these glitches in turbo two wonder if they are fixed in z force or if they make a turbo three

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Every time I reboot I have to reconnect my blue tooth to car by turning blue tooth off and on. I wish they would fix these glitches in turbo two wonder if they are fixed in z force or if they make a turbo three

No Turbo 3. Moto is continuing the Z Droid line for 2017.

I don't have any Bluetooth issues with my Z Force Droid (6 Bluetooth devices connected) and my wife has no Bluetooth issues with her Z Play Droid (5 Bluetooth devices connected). There have been some Z Force users experiencing Bluetooth issues reported on the Moto Forum, but mine has been excellent so far.

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
No Turbo 3. Moto is continuing the Z Droid line for 2017.

I don't have any Bluetooth issues with my Z Force Droid (6 Bluetooth devices connected) and my wife has no Bluetooth issues with her Z Play Droid (5 Bluetooth devices connected). There have been some Z Force users experiencing Bluetooth issues reported on the Moto Forum, but mine has been excellent so far.

What's the new z force gonna be called. I ideally would like a z force that has screen protection from breakage but not the add-ons and magnets are there any motos that have screen protection that aren't the force similar to turbo 2 stand alone?

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's the new z force gonna be called. I ideally would like a z force that has screen protection from breakage but not the add-ons and magnets are there any motos that have screen protection that aren't the force similar to turbo 2 stand alone?

1) Good timing on the new Z2 Force name question...its expected to be announced sometime today.

2) The "Adventure Mod" rumor has been around for a while, but as far as I know is still just vaporware.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
1) Good timing on the new Z2 Force name question...its expected to be announced sometime today.

2) The "Adventure Mod" rumor has been around for a while, but as far as I know is still just vaporware.
What's adventure mod. I want a z force quality phone with out the mod options or connectors is the a moto phone that is shattershielded that is not a z force

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
At this time... Z Force and Turbo 2 are the only Moto's with Shatter Sheild

Moto ShatterShield

I guess we'll find tonight about Z2 and Z2 Force? Or if the newest Moto X might have Shatter Shield or not.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The new Z Force has not been announced yet, but everyone is speculating the name will be the Moto Z Force 2.

To my knowledge the only current phone with Shattershield is the Z Force, and soon to be Z Force 2, so you would have the Moto Mod magnets on the back. If you really want a Shattershield screen you are limited to the Z Force, Droid Turbo 2 and the Moto X Force (which was the same as the Turbo 2 but released overseas without the "Droid" name). There is a rumored Moto X 2017 being announced soon, but it will probably not have Shattershield and will probably be a traditional Gorilla Glass screen (but we won't know for sure until it's released).

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The new Z Force has not been announced yet, but everyone is speculating the name will be the Moto Z Force 2.

To my knowledge the only current phone with Shattershield is the Z Force, and soon to be Z Force 2, so you would have the Moto Mod magnets on the back. If you really want a Shattershield screen you are limited to the Z Force, Droid Turbo 2 and the Moto X Force (which was the same as the Turbo 2 but released overseas without the "Droid" name). There is a rumored Moto X 2017 being announced soon, but it will probably not have Shattershield and will probably be a traditional Gorilla Glass screen (but we won't know for sure until it's released).

My turbo 2 body seems drop Resistent as well can any of the non force models compare to it