When is wpa2 vulnerability being fixed on turbo2 and other phones

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
When is wpa2 vulnerability for wifi being fixed on turbo2 and other Moto phones

I have seen warnings all over the news to get the update but haven't seen any update to download

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The way I understand it is that the vulnerability exists in the wifi equipment you connect to, bit so much in your phone. Manufacturers have started patching wifi equipment and we have a thread discussing that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The way I understand it is that the vulnerability exists in the wifi equipment you connect to, bit so much in your phone. Manufacturers have started patching wifi equipment and we have a thread discussing that.

I have seen some articles saying the mobile devices need to be patched as well especially in case the attached to an unpatched public WiFi. Wondering if there is a site to check mobile manufacturer patches

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have seen some articles saying the mobile devices need to be patched as well especially in case the attached to an unpatched public WiFi. Wondering if there is a site to check mobile manufacturer patches

For you...yes. The Moto software update page. It will list any updates available for your phone and if there are any planned updates. Aren't you already running Android 7.0? If so I think you are good.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
For you...yes. The Moto software update page. It will list any updates available for your phone and if there are any planned updates. Aren't you already running Android 7.0? If so I think you are good.

When I chatted with Moto support they rep didn't know when they were going to have an update for it but wasn't sure if she was knowlegble about it so I osted the question here
I haven't heard that Nougat has it patched is there a URL that says it's patched?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When I chatted with Moto support they rep didn't know when they were going to have an update for it but wasn't sure if she was knowlegble about it so I osted the question here
I haven't heard that Nougat has it patched is there a URL that says it's patched?

The other threads for this have all been merged into one by the admin folks so we don't Jeep having different discussions about the same topic in multiple threads. Maybe post in the one main thread for this.

Moto phone Support reps do not know their software upgrade plan. They are phone reps, not the people that plan software updates.

Yes, I read somewhere that Android phones in 7.0 and higher are not as vulnerable buy do not have a link. Google is your friend.