WiFi issues

Squeak87

Reaction score
I know there's a million posts about this so can someone kindly point me to them as I cannot seem to find it. My Razr Maxx keeps disconnecting from my wifi for no reason, any help would be appreciated.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Anyone else's WiFi suck after the update for RAZR HD

What do you mean by "suck"? Is it connecting but at slower speeds? Is it seemingly at lower signal level? Is there trouble connecting? Is it connecting but dropping the connection?

In other words, help us to help you.

KaChow

Reaction score
Here is what I suggest trying... First, on wireless computer type in this address Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test, make a special note of the server and make sure the readings are in (kbps) on your device download and install this application speedtest.net. With both Speedtest.net in the browser of your wireless computer that is connected to wifi, hit run write down the Ping, Download, Upload time. On your device that is connected via WiFi same as your wireless computer, based on the same server (check tools and adjust the server), then head back to the Speed Test and click "begin test" and write down the Ping, Download, Upload as well. And Post them below.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Many of the problems people have with their wifi, especially after a ROM upgrade on their phones is NOT due to a problem with the phone or ROM. Instead, it's due to the phone's wifi protocols being updated to the most current versions and yet their router is still operating on older, outdated protocols.

I would also suggest you go onto your router's manufacturer's website and download the latest firmware for your router, and then install it. Next, power of the router completely. Next, shut down wifi on the phone. Finally, power up the router first, followed by the wifi on the phone once the router is completely back online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2