Wifi issues... Its up its down

baboon619

Reaction score
Have been looking through the forum and can't seem to find a good answer for my situation.

My wifi just up and stops working but my radio button is still on and the wifi indicator at the top will show signal but if I am surfing the Internet at some point the page will fail to load and usually airplane mode on/off will fix the problem. Sometimes it will fix it for good other times I just give up trying to surf because I have to constantly turn wifi on/off.

This is a really frustrating problem to say the least!

From my Dx humanoid

Reaction score
Have been looking through the forum and can't seem to find a good answer for my situation.

My wifi just up and stops working but my radio button is still on and the wifi indicator at the top will show signal but if I am surfing the Internet at some point the page will fail to load and usually airplane mode on/off will fix the problem. Sometimes it will fix it for good other times I just give up trying to surf because I have to constantly turn wifi on/off.

This is a really frustrating problem to say the least!

From my Dx humanoid

It's a problem baked right into the Gingerbread kernel (so it doesn't matter which ROM you try). It annoys me to no end. I'm watching Netflix on my phone right before I go to sleep, and it stops playing. I have to turn WiFi off and back on to get it to work. It's a known issue though, along with bluetooth and 3G radio issues. All we can do is deal with it until VZW comes up with a fix.

OP
baboon619

baboon619

Reaction score
I have heard there is some internal issues as well.

Last night I installed 2 apps, Y5 and Wi-Fi keep alive. Both available in the market.
I noticed a huge difference already. The keep alive kept the connection going and not one dropped web page or break in games or anything. This morning I grabbed the phone started reading news and again not one dropped page. Time will tell but in the short term of things my Dx is running good WiFi wise.
Oh I installed the Y5 app because I am being lazy. The app turns on my wifi radio when I'm near the correct cell towers for my wifi router.

OP
baboon619

baboon619

Reaction score
Follow up... Have been running solid for 2 days now without any wifi toggles or airplane mode on/off.

Not sure why this would work but that "wifi keep alive" app has done a good job so far.