1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

" It's Alive, It's Alive "

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cpinto, Aug 10, 2010.

1. cpinto

cpinto Member

Here's a new twist, well to me anyway.
    I just fired up my "Old", no longer activated Droid 1, to copy over a file from it to my X.

While it was sitting on the table, I noticed an LED blinking.

It felt like a scene from a Horror Flick. Suddenly my dead monster had a heartbeat. I carefully approached it, and tapped the screen. The screen lighting up was like my monster opening its eyes.

[​IMG]

There I found several new emails. Then I tried other links and they all still worked, via my WIFI signal.

It has been discussed on this forum in the past, but it really occured to me today that a deactived Droid, is still a very handy tool to have around. It just became a mini wifi only iPad.

We now leave it in our TV room, near the "Easy Chair" as a controller for NetFlix Instant Movies, TV Guide, Etc.

The D1 also makes a very good battery backed-up alarm clock.

In fact you can do everything but text and make a call. With Fring, you might even be able to make a WiFi call.

So as long as your phone has Wifi, buyers remorse will become less of an issue now.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Great idea, and i'm glad you got your "monster" back!
  3. soba1

soba1 New Member

I was of course going to use my old Droid, but I promised it to my son. Carrot on a stick. But I did realise that it would definitely be handy to keep around.
  4. Xpain

Xpain New Member

Yes, it became everyone's toy at home when i got my X, but it's now gone (sold in Craigslist for $225). And by the way, I beleive you still can send text messages via wifi (gmail text messages that is)
  5. woot505

woot505 New Member

I keep my droid 1 turned on with the wifi on. I have even changed roms on it, I can stay updated with the new roms that come out and change them and everything!! My gmail stays up to date, facebook, twitter, etc..... through wifi!!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!!