" It's Alive, It's Alive "

cpinto

Reaction score
Here's a new twist, well to me anyway.
I just fired up my "Old", no longer activated Droid 1, to copy over a file from it to my X.

While it was sitting on the table, I noticed an LED blinking.

It felt like a scene from a Horror Flick. Suddenly my dead monster had a heartbeat. I carefully approached it, and tapped the screen. The screen lighting up was like my monster opening its eyes.

images

There I found several new emails. Then I tried other links and they all still worked, via my WIFI signal.

It has been discussed on this forum in the past, but it really occured to me today that a deactived Droid, is still a very handy tool to have around. It just became a mini wifi only iPad.

We now leave it in our TV room, near the "Easy Chair" as a controller for NetFlix Instant Movies, TV Guide, Etc.

The D1 also makes a very good battery backed-up alarm clock.

In fact you can do everything but text and make a call. With Fring, you might even be able to make a WiFi call.

So as long as your phone has Wifi, buyers remorse will become less of an issue now.

Last edited:

soba1

Reaction score
I was of course going to use my old Droid, but I promised it to my son. Carrot on a stick. But I did realise that it would definitely be handy to keep around.

Xpain

Reaction score
Yes, it became everyone's toy at home when i got my X, but it's now gone (sold in Craigslist for $225). And by the way, I beleive you still can send text messages via wifi (gmail text messages that is)

woot505

Reaction score
I keep my droid 1 turned on with the wifi on. I have even changed roms on it, I can stay updated with the new roms that come out and change them and everything!! My gmail stays up to date, facebook, twitter, etc..... through wifi!!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!!