different kind of wifi issue...

cleave

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my wifi connection and am wondering if this happens to anyone else?

The problem: wifi "data transmission" is intermittently stopped.

Description: First off, I'm NOT losing my wifi connection, the connection is fine (wifi indicator is always blue).

This happens when i open up a web page. The thin blue line that shows the web page loading progress, stops and the tiny arrows that indicate data transmission inside the wifi indicator also go away. I've noticed that when those little "transmission arrows" are continually flashing inside the wifi indicator, the page loads fine. However, when they stop, so does the loading of a web page.
Sometimes it will pause for a few seconds then start again, other times i need to completely "stop" the loading and "refresh" (sometimes several times before transmission starts again).

Also, this is a new replacement Maxx that i just received from Verizon (last Maxx had the same problem). I have two laptops, two iPhone 5's, and a Pioneer Elite SS receiver (never on when I'm having the problem) on the same wifi as well. Don't have any problems with any of the other devices. I've reset the router (about a year old) numerous times.

Wondering if there can be some kind of conflict with the iPhone and Droid being connected on the same wifi network (guess i could find out by disconnecting the iPhone for awhile)?

Anyway, when i turn off wifi and switch to 4g, naturally everything works great. However, i don't want to stay connected strictly to 4g all the time while I'm at home.

Gets to be kinda frustrating when I'm surfing the web and need to wait constantly for a page to start or finish loading. I'm retired and don't really have a work place or any other wifi network i can try it on...even if i did, i have to stay there for awhile to test it out.

Considering getting a new router, or wondering if there may be anyone else that might be having a similar experience?
Thanks

Death4U

Reaction score
Im having the same issue however when this happens i put the phone into airplane mode then back off data works again..also noting that the data issue happens on both wifi and 3G/4G.

TJRazr

Reaction score
Why no Help?

I have been having this problem for a long time with all wifi connections. Why is no one helping?

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
I have been having this problem for a long time with all wifi connections. Why is no one helping?

I finally got tired of it and switched to iPhone 5 a couple months ago.
Had been an Android fan since its inception, however, I could not be happier
with my new iPhone. Much more reliable, faster internet, and for the most part,
vidoes play much faster than any Android phone I've ever
had (last one was the Maxx). Good luck, since it will probably never be fixed.