WIFI Gone

maslan

Reaction score
Was running 1.22 fine - updated to 1.28 and now i have no wifi. By that i mean i get no signals at all on any wifi i try. Laptop works fine so i know the routers i am testing are fine. I use wifi analyzer from market and it shows no wifi's available. Restored back to 1.22 and same thing.

So - this may not be related to miui but am asking here since i run this. Any ideas?? I have formated everything twice, wiped several times, battery pulls, etc... and still nothing shows up on wifi??? could it be that it just broke and now i have no wifi?? I have owned this since weekend it was released.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit: In the pull down menu it shows the Wifi signal as on with an "!" over it?? Never seen that before?? Of course i may not have ever noticed it before so it may be normal. :)

mjh68

Reaction score
Was running 1.22 fine - updated to 1.28 and now i have no wifi. By that i mean i get no signals at all on any wifi i try. Laptop works fine so i know the routers i am testing are fine. I use wifi analyzer from market and it shows no wifi's available. Restored back to 1.22 and same thing.

So - this may not be related to miui but am asking here since i run this. Any ideas?? I have formated everything twice, wiped several times, battery pulls, etc... and still nothing shows up on wifi??? could it be that it just broke and now i have no wifi?? I have owned this since weekend it was released.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit: In the pull down menu it shows the Wifi signal as on with an "!" over it?? Never seen that before?? Of course i may not have ever noticed it before so it may be normal. :)

Only other thing I can think of is to wipe and try another rom that just uses stock frg83d..Project Elite or metickmod and see if you get wifi back. If not, then sure sounds like the wifi module went kaput. Obviously, you did check the pulldown to make sure it's on..also did you check under wireless setting to see what is shows under wifi..does it say turned off, turned on or what ?

OP
M

maslan

Reaction score
shows on - but thats all. Never tries to connect to network. It never shows any available networks. It shows all previous ones i connect too - but none of them are available to connect too even though i know they are there.

I have a backup from where i ran Sapphire - i will load that and see what happens.

OP
M

maslan

Reaction score
Well - restored my last version of Sapphire - wifi popped right up - logged on and runs fine.

So - def something with miui on my phone.

I will try a diff kernel now as i like miui better than Sapphire.

Other suggestions while i try the new kernel??

OP
M

maslan

Reaction score
OK - dumb question - what kernels are suggested? I have run slayher's before but cant seem to find a link to her current ones that work with miui?

Thanks guys.

killjoylm1

Reaction score
I have had this happen many times since I started using MIUI. A wipe and reinstall seems to fix it for awhile and then it happens again. The weekly updates make it really not a big deal for me. However, I have tried many things to fix this issue without wiping and reflashing, but nothing fixes it. Wish I could be more helpful!