WiFi Connects but will not work

KittyPrawn

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me this issue...

I recently upgraded from the Droid Incredible (original) to the Rezound. With the Droid Incredible, I have had no trouble turning on WiFi and utilizing it.

However, with the Rezound, I can turn on WiFi and it connect just fine, but I cannot use it to access the internet. Things I do know:

1. It is not the home network. Laptops/Computers/TVs/etc are connected just fine. It is also not a poor password. I am CONNECTED to the WiFi, but it will not perform any task that requires internet.

2. I have the same issue on free WiFi elsewhere. I don't believe it is a signal strength issue, as at home when I have great connection with my laptop, I cannot perform any task that requires internet.

3. It is not a phone issue - this is the third 4G phone in my apartment (Samsung Charge, Motorola Razr, and HTC Rezound). All three of them could connect to WiFi, but not actually use the internet when connected.

I believe it is a user error, but I cannot figure out what it is. I have tried disconnecting the mobile network while using WiFi as well as changing the mobile network to 3G only. I'm not sure if there is a setting somewhere that I am missing. My phone is not rooted, or anything like that. I have standard apps downloaded, the same ones I used on the Droid Incredible. I do not use a browser app.

Please help!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like your router settings are messed up, since you said the Charge and Razr couldnt use it either, except for the part where it doesnt work in other places. My vote is still home router messed up.

Are you running G or N? Mixed mode? What kind of security are you using?

rsa329

Reaction score
Same Problem

I am having the same problem. My router is setup with static ip addresses, I assigned my Rezound its static ip address, allowed it thru my mac filter and it will connect....just doesn't surf. I can connect to non-secure ap's and surf just fine....not when static ip is concerned. I upgraded from the Incredible 2, the Incredible 2 is connected to my network the same way, only difference is....the Incredible 2 surfs.

I'm hoping someone out there has encountered this dilemma and has found a way around it.

Thanks in advance