wifi Tether issue, anyone.

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Within the last week ive been having some trouble with the app "wifi tether" prior to, its worked great.

It will go through the motions, I can connect to a network it will even show a great connection however it doest produce a connection. I can't do anything internet related with the device I connected. For the most part it will say no connection when going to my browser on the laptop or something like YouTube on my tablet.

Thanks

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wifi tether was always hit or miss for me and stopped working the past few months.

Have you tried foxfi?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
SHAK3R

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Was never able to get FoxFi to work on the Rezound, but thanks.

Mr. Smith I didn't update because I didn't want to mess with the version I had and from what they said the update included it didn't seem beneficial to me.

However I did just update it and now I don't even see a network available to connect to.

I saved a .apk to revert back to. Also I don't remember what the tethering settings should be from the last time you told me. If you could again that would be great thanks.

Mike

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It seems that some restrictions have been imposed on FoxFi, but if you download PDANet and run that instead, it works. You would need to download it from the PDANet site, they now own FoxFi

OP
SHAK3R

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Ive used pdanet and liked it, however they didn't over wifi. I had to connect the device to my phone, plus you had to pay for secure pages.