Rezound not connecting to Wifi with password???? ok without?

Smokie

Reaction score
anyone else having this problem? I can't connect to Wifi networks unless they are not password protected. If there is no security/password I can connect just fine. I know the passwords are correct and I have tried it at 2 different locations. Turning the wifi security off allows me to connect just fine. any ideas guys?

THanks.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Mine connects fine with my wifi that is locked. Sorry

From my Rockin Rezound

OP
Smokie

Smokie

Reaction score
you would think it would be user error.. but i swear its not. should I take it back? the second I try and connect after typing out the password it instantly says "cannot connect to wifi network".

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Call vzw customer care from your landline they may be able to help too

From my Rockin Rezound

amsmith84

Reaction score
anyone else having this problem? I can't connect to Wifi networks unless they are not password protected. If there is no security/password I can connect just fine. I know the passwords are correct and I have tried it at 2 different locations. Turning the wifi security off allows me to connect just fine. any ideas guys?

THanks.

Smokie,

Mine is doing the same thing.. I was going to try to stop by the Verizon store tomorrow and see if they have any wisdom.. I'll let you know if I get it resolved

OP
Smokie

Smokie

Reaction score
Smokie,

Mine is doing the same thing.. I was going to try to stop by the Verizon store tomorrow and see if they have any wisdom.. I'll let you know if I get it resolved

that would be great thanks!

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I know it's not what you want to hear but I can connect to both WEP and WPA networks without issue. Perhaps it's something with the way the security on your router is configured?

OP
Smokie

Smokie

Reaction score
I know it's not what you want to hear but I can connect to both WEP and WPA networks without issue. Perhaps it's something with the way the security on your router is configured?

trying 2 routers. one at work, the other at home. 2 diff security types and passwords. any other devices work: my laptop, Droid X, iPhone, etc. all connect in these locations without issue. just not this dumb Rezound.

OP
Smokie

Smokie

Reaction score
bump.., no one else huh? I'm about to return this for a new one. they are giving me a hard time at the store like i didn't know my wifi was off when i came in and that's why i can't connect to secure wifi networks.

solar

Reaction score
I've been able to connect to my work wifi, but my home wifi has not been able to be connected to from my rezound and I just haven't had a chance to troubleshoot it yet

mikebaltierra

Reaction score
trying 2 routers. one at work, the other at home. 2 diff security types and passwords. any other devices work: my laptop, Droid X, iPhone, etc. all connect in these locations without issue. just not this dumb Rezound.

had a similar issue, started when I was out and about on LTE and was checking email. Hit the "turn off wifi" by accident when the prompt came up. Got home, tried to connect to Wifi with my WPA2 key, nothing. Then I checked to see if wifi was reenabled - it wasn't. Enabled, and was connecting no problem after that.

jeffe65

Reaction score
I was having the same problem until I used "Protected Setup". Go to WiFi in your settings, and while at your router select "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" on your phone. It will ask you to press the WPS button on your router for five seconds. It worked for me; I've been having issues with broadband anyway, but it was the easiest way to connect to the phone I've ever used.

OP
Smokie

Smokie

Reaction score
I was having the same problem until I used "Protected Setup". Go to WiFi in your settings, and while at your router select "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" on your phone. It will ask you to press the WPS button on your router for five seconds. It worked for me; I've been having issues with broadband anyway, but it was the easiest way to connect to the phone I've ever used.

that might work at home, but can do that at work. good suggestion though thanks.

warnette

Reaction score
I had this issue also, ended up resetting everything on my end to get it working. Reset the cable modem and did a factory reset on my netgear n600 and re-setup everything. It now works flawlessly.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums