1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WiFI connection periodiaclly drops

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Shoop, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Shoop

Shoop New Member

I have WiFi and 2 WAP's in my house running WEP encryption with SSID broadcast turned off. My phone has successfully synced with my network and when I come home it syncs automatically. However, when I've been home for a while the phone will disconnect from the network. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to go into the Droid settings and turn WiFi off and then turn it back on.

Anyone know why it does this? or how to fix it?
  2. grumpy

grumpy New Member

same here. just had 2 restart it
  3. WhiskeySix

WhiskeySix New Member

Yup, I see the same behavior... really annoying...
  4. godanigo

godanigo New Member

It's probably your router. I recommend testing out your wifi somewhere else or resetting your router.

Edit: Also to the OP, have you checked your wireless settings? There is an option to decide when, if ever, you want the wireless to disconnect.
  5. Shoop

Shoop New Member

The router is set to assign ip. It is also set to hold for 24hours but the disconnect usually happens before that.
  6. godanigo

godanigo New Member

Have you tried it with a different router? That's really the only way you can know.

Edit: I meant the settings in Android. If you go to wifi settings, then hit menu and go to advanced settings there is an option for wifi sleep, where you can decide if you want the wifi to sleep, when the screen turns on, never when plugged in, or just straight up never.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  7. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

This happens to me too! but for some reason my wifi stalls in an endless loop of "turning off..." it just stays grey. I have to restart the phone in order for it to act normally. It's probably my router though, I think I'm over loading it with the number of wifi devices I have running and the fact that my room is in the basement and my router is on the top floor.
Search tags for this page

android atrix internet connection drops cell to wireless

atrix 2 drops wifi

atrix wifi drop

phone drops hidden wifi