1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Alternating Between WiFi and 3G Yielded No More 3G Connection

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by mmcompute, Dec 24, 2009.

1. mmcompute

mmcompute New Member

I have a strong 3G signal in my area and was using it on the Droid. I decided to try to connect to my home network which I did with no problem. The Droid was on my WiFi network for about 15 hours. I decided to reconnect to 3G so I went into "Settings" and turned off "WiFi" which used to make the Droid automatically reconnect to the 3G network but now it does not. I can not reconnect to the 3G network after being on WiFi. What can I do?

Thanks.
  2. tbever

tbever New Member

I had this problem when I first got my droid but it resolved. I would put the droid into airplane mode (longpress the button on the top right hand corner and select airplane mode) and then take it out of airplane mode and it seemed to reset the 3G.

Like I said it worked itself out and no longer has that problem.
  3. 640k

640k New Member

i've had this problem too. mine seems to have been working better lately, but i usually just did a reboot to fix the issue.
  4. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

You can reboot the phone... that will bring your 3G back. I had this happen once or twice after using the Wi-fi for an extended period. Not every time. Annoying, but hardly a show stopper.
  5. mmcompute

mmcompute New Member

I rebooted and took my battery out but the 3g service has not returned. More specifically, when I tried to launch the broawser, a message appeared telling me that no data connection was available. Thoughts?
  6. 640k

640k New Member

do you have a 1x or 3g icon present? do you have towers poputated next to the battery icon?

try doing a *228 - 1 and then a *228 - 2.
  7. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

What is your display showing next to your bars? 3G? 1x? Nothing?

Edit: Either I got to start typing faster, or just leave the answering of questions to 640K today and let him handle it. :icon_ rofl:
  8. mmcompute

mmcompute New Member

Score! I was having my numbers ported over from Cingular which must have gone through last night. All is working after using *228. Thanks!
  9. 640k

640k New Member

bro, that would be bro'tastic, bro.
Search tags for this page

how to reconnect to 3g internet on droid2

reconnect my 3g

wifierro