Wifi Bug

ABQNM

Reaction score
So I have noticed what seems to be a bug with wifi. I am on 2.3, newest update, unrooted. I have noticed that when wifi connects, it will connect at the highest speed that the signal will allow. Over time if it decreases in speed, it will never go back up unless I power off wifi and turn it back on.

Ex. When I connect to wifi I usually get 65 or 72MBps connection, but eventually it drops down to 5MBps and stays there. Even if the signal is strong it will not go back up to the higher speed. I have to turn off wifi and back on to get the higher speed again.

Just to note that it is not the router, as I have tested with 2 different brands. Also TKIP/AES encryption settings or 150/300MBps settings all make no difference. It still drops down and stays there.

I have also noticed that I can never get higher than 72MBps connection even 5 feet from the router (Droid X would get 165MBps). I think that probably has to do with the same poor antenna design that affects the phone radio signal strength as well. The 72MBps connection is fine for most things except large network file transfers, so I don't mind that, but I wish it would maintain its speed or at least go scale back up if it decreases for any reason.