Wifi Issues w/ 2.2 Resolved?

hugebob

Reaction score
This is very odd. Before the 2.2 update, Wifi connections were flawless. After the update, I could only hold a connection to my n-router for mere seconds before it was dropped. It would subsequently go round and round trying to renegotiate a new connection. Just by chance, I tried it this morning before dawn. I walked right up to the router and turned on Wifi (since it was always off due to uselessness). To my surprise, it held connection. I even performed a speed test which it performed with blisteringly speed. I tried moving about the house; bedroom level to main floor to basement. The connection held! So, I'm wondering if Verizon somehow snuck out a fix. I could not get a Wifi connection to save my life a couple of days ago whether near or far from that router and now it works? I'll try again later. But, for right now, I am a happy Droid X user again!
dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is very odd. Before the 2.2 update, Wifi connections were flawless. After the update, I could only hold a connection to my n-router for mere seconds before it was dropped. It would subsequently go round and round trying to renegotiate a new connection. Just by chance, I tried it this morning before dawn. I walked right up to the router and turned on Wifi (since it was always off due to uselessness). To my surprise, it held connection. I even performed a speed test which it performed with blisteringly speed. I tried moving about the house; bedroom level to main floor to basement. The connection held! So, I'm wondering if Verizon somehow snuck out a fix. I could not get a Wifi connection to save my life a couple of days ago whether near or far from that router and now it works? I'll try again later. But, for right now, I am a happy Droid X user again!
dancedroid

Verizon doesn't sneak anything out without us finding about it.

I've had connection problems with my wireless router since day 1 of owning my Blackberry Storm 2. Some days I get great connection anywhere in the house. Other days it bites.

I think you just happened to have a good day. The stars line up right, the moon is in the correct position…..I don't know. But I'll bet that it's a short lived experience.

OP
hugebob

hugebob

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't sneak anything out without us finding about it.

I've had connection problems with my wireless router since day 1 of owning my Blackberry Storm 2. Some days I get great connection anywhere in the house. Other days it bites.

I think you just happened to have a good day. The stars line up right, the moon is in the correct position…..I don't know. But I'll bet that it's a short lived experience.[/QUOTE]

But, before the update, I had the X for about 2-3 weeks. Wifi at home was never a problem. Just turn on Wifi on the phone and boom. Connection with no problem. I could go to school, the cafe; anywhere where Wifi existed and connect. After the update I could never hold a connection longer than 20 seconds tops. But, now, I just remembered something. Last night, the router was powered off (I guess the wife had unplugged it). I plugged it back in and went to bed. This morning I performed my little test. Perhaps hard cycling the router did something. We'll see.

inthefad3

Reaction score
I actually had the opposite happen to me. Ever since the 2.2 update, and of course before the update too, I had absolutely no issues with WiFi at home. But last night and again this morning, the connection does not stay on for more than a few seconds. I am hoping this is related to my router and not my X but I'll have to wait until tonight to figure that out.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Routers keep a certain amount of data in their catches and histories, DHCP, MAC's etc, etc, etc. It possible that that the router simply over wrote some old data associated the phone's MAC that was causing conflicts.

The test will be if the good connection lasts, or is just a fluke due to unusually good signal quality.