WidgetLocker +*~+*~+*~+*~+*-- WOW!!!

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
That's the way it works with Launcher Pro. It can restore it's own widgets as they were but others have to be manually re-added. It's the custom sliders and settings I'm most concerned about anyway.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that I'm also having the issue where the phone wakes via the volume buttons even though I have those buttons and easywake disabled. I'm running Sapphire 1.1. I thought that it had been fixed an update or two ago, but it seems it is now back. Weird thing is, I can lock the phone and the buttons don't wake it, but a few minutes later they do.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, something is definitely up lately with WidgetLocker. The volume keys pretty much bring the phone out of sleep no matter what settings I have. I've somehow set the phone to silent/vibrate several times today while it was in my pocket. Not sure what has changed, but something is wrong. Like I mentioned above, running Sapphire 1.1. Wish I could figure out what's causing this, I really don't want to have to uninstall WL.

Reaction score
Android doesn't allow normal applications to control which buttons wake the device, only the system keyguard does that. By default (on most devices) all buttons wake, but when the system keyguard is running only the power button does.
WidgetLocker either disables the system keyguard (Easy Wake Mode), or keeps it running (but hidden) while the screen is off.
It seem that some roms have custom system keyguards that wake the device when the volume buttons are pushed, related to the media controls the ROM adds. This problem really has to be fixed in the ROMs.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android doesn't allow normal applications to control which buttons wake the device, only the system keyguard does that. By default (on most devices) all buttons wake, but when the system keyguard is running only the power button does.
WidgetLocker either disables the system keyguard (Easy Wake Mode), or keeps it running (but hidden) while the screen is off.
It seem that some roms have custom system keyguards that wake the device when the volume buttons are pushed, related to the media controls the ROM adds. This problem really has to be fixed in the ROMs.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

That makes sense, and since Sapphire has settings in it to enable the volume rocker to control music track skipping, maybe that is the issue. I have that option turned off in the ROM, but possibly it is still looking for those events and waking the phone. I'll check with the CCRom team to see if they have any insight or ideas.

ffej89

Reaction score
Vicious i have the same issue with my stock Evo in that it will change to silent on its own. Not enough for me to bail on Widget Locker but enough to be a pain sometime's.

m2thedeep

Reaction score
Kevin, any word on whether or not something will be done specifically for incoming calls? I know you can enable Widgetlocker to run when you have an incoming call, however, I think it'd be beneficial if something could emulate the sliders you get on the stock lockscreen during an incoming call.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vicious i have the same issue with my stock Evo in that it will change to silent on its own. Not enough for me to bail on Widget Locker but enough to be a pain sometime's.
Vicious's issue is that his phone is waking when the volume keys are pressed accidentally. Are you using Easy Wake Mode on your Evo? If so it's likely the same problem, your phone is waking up in your pocket and trigger the silence slider. I'd recommend disable Easy Wake Mode if this is the case.

Kevin, any word on whether or not something will be done specifically for incoming calls? I know you can enable Widgetlocker to run when you have an incoming call, however, I think it'd be beneficial if something could emulate the sliders you get on the stock lockscreen during an incoming call.

I am going to look into this. The incoming call screen is completely separate from the lock screen and difficult to replace. I'm not sure how much is possible to do. Most likely this will exist as a separate app for several reasons.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, hate to say it, but I uninstalled WL and no longer have the problem of the phone waking with the volume buttons. Which makes sense of course. I really miss the widgets on my lock screen, but did find one other benefit. My whole phone runs much snappier now. I'm wondering if WL is taking up quite a bit of memory due to widgets even when WL is not 'active'. Since it may be waiting to be activated? I only had BWsmall and one custom slider on WL, but maybe that is enough for it to take up a decent amount of memory or cpu cycles even when it is not the active app.

Reaction score
Is there a demo? I Would like to see how it effects my phone battery and performance before I spend money on something.

m2thedeep

Reaction score
Well, hate to say it, but I uninstalled WL and no longer have the problem of the phone waking with the volume buttons. Which makes sense of course. I really miss the widgets on my lock screen, but did find one other benefit. My whole phone runs much snappier now. I'm wondering if WL is taking up quite a bit of memory due to widgets even when WL is not 'active'. Since it may be waiting to be activated? I only had BWsmall and one custom slider on WL, but maybe that is enough for it to take up a decent amount of memory or cpu cycles even when it is not the active app.

I think it's more likely the rom you're running than the app.

ffej89

Reaction score
"Are you using Easy Wake Mode on your Evo?"

No i dont use easy wake mode and i notice it when the phone is setting on my desk. I hit the power button to check the time or what not and the volume slider shows X when 5 minutes before it was on.

Thanks Kevin so far best support for an app i have had. You always make yourself available.

rEVOLVE

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very interested in using this app after i saw on my friend's Evo. I have a Droid X and what I'd like to see is their a possibility for the Widget Locker to not only display the clock and date, but signal strength and battery level? I realize I can add widgets for these, but it would be nice if it was already there next to the clock that comes with WL as I like that you can hide the taskbar when WL is on.

waylman

Reaction score
It seems that if a password is enabled on your device you cannot link to your email from the widget locker screen. Anyone else have the same problem?