Why on earth???

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Canefan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Canefan

Canefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but this makes no sense to me. Makes the kickstand virtually useless IMO as the times you'd use it would be for long periods requiring plug in like watching a movie or using it as a clock at nite.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Maybe there's some way to switch the kickstand to the other side :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. phamdinhnguyen

phamdinhnguyen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A solution for me... Hopefully it'll help you...

Some background information: I got my HTC Thunderbolt for only 4 days, 3 of which were on the road, round trip < 750 miles, using the HTC Thunderbolt as the GPS, MP3 player to my car audio system, and yes, as a (speaker) phone too :) Btw, the Thunderbolt did very well in all 3 aspects. I carried along my trusted "Garmin nĂ¼vi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic", but did not use it. There were few times I had it briefly turned on as a matter of "trust but verify", since I had gotten the Thunderbolt for less than 10 hours before my trip.

Sorry for the round about story, so here goes. I bought the "Window and Dash Vehicle Mount" for $29.99 at a VZW Corporate store while in NYC. I found that though the GPS audio instructions are very sufficient, navigationally speaking, seeing the map screen certainly further helps.

After reading this thread, I went over to the "ezeStand" site as stealthgriffin had suggested. Thanks, but I would not buy that product.
    I do agree with Dusty about the very likely chance that the phone will "fall off the table with the slightest of bumps"

It just occurred to me that I may have already had a solution: the "Window and Dash Vehicle Mount": the cradle is detachable from the window mount.
    I detached the cradle, snapped my Thunderbolt into its place.
    One note: I found that the kickstand isn't necessary any more. With the micro-USB cable protruding from the back of the cradle, it serves PERFECTLY as the kickstand.
    The cradle stands solidly on my desk, as I'm writing this and watching youtube music.
    dancedroid

Check out the HTC6400MNT from VZW site: https://scache.vzw.com/images_b2c/accessories/lg/htc_thunderbolt_windo_mount.png

4. Raziel36

Raziel36 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is basically what I do on my nightstand next to my bed, but don't use the kickstand, let it rest against a lamp base for a better viewing angle. The bottom of the phone rests against the wall, just snuggly enough to avoid vibrations moving it.

Great setup, for me, as I like to watch How I Met Your Mother episodes on it as I'm going to sleep.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

5. ANGERisMYgift

ANGERisMYgift Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The kickstand kinda locks in place a little when opened so I simply use mine in landscape with the charge port on top. Works great for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

6. brian1972ca

brian1972ca New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lucky you, when I try that my phone just falls backwards.