Why is this phone so slow?

throwscoach

Reaction score
Do you have a "native facebook" running? After the recent fb upgrade they put an option to sync your contacts, but once you do, it continues to create a profile for each contact, bogging down the phone. You don't need it to sync to your fb contacts, so you can delete it from your "my accounts". It will probably be the second fb account in the menu.

Grnzoom

Reaction score
Oh, the dreaded live wallpaper. I just put a regular WP on there and the thing flies now. So this is how this phone is supposed to be!

Now your life is complete.... :icon_ banana: :)

haticK

Reaction score
yep some of those live wallpapers kill the performance bad, especially the google maps one

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
I was actually only using the Droid X one, I liked it. But apparently that was the problem.

jetdoc

Reaction score
Do you have a "native facebook" running? After the recent fb upgrade they put an option to sync your contacts, but once you do, it continues to create a profile for each contact, bogging down the phone. You don't need it to sync to your fb contacts, so you can delete it from your "my accounts". It will probably be the second fb account in the menu.

Yes FB is the second one in my 'my accounts', by deleting it will it not allow me to access FB, or FB's contacts on my phone..?

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
Oh, the dreaded live wallpaper. I just put a regular WP on there and the thing flies now. So this is how this phone is supposed to be!

Glad to hear you are now "up to speed" so to speak... the DX really is quick... let's just see how fast it runs after I get 8gb worth of apps and 7 screens of widgets... :) j/k

tony1208

Reaction score
mines flys....runs so dam smooth its insane...with launcher pro and with out...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I've had this thing for about a week now, and it's just so slow. The Droid 1 was faster than this out of the box..

If your saying that you have a defective device...No way a stock D1 is faster than the X...I have both..

Edit...I see you figured it out....Guess i should read the complete thread :D

throwscoach

Reaction score

Yes FB is the second one in my 'my accounts', by deleting it will it not allow me to access FB, or FB's contacts on my phone..?

If when you did the update, you selected "sync contacts", you may notice that in "my accounts" there are 2 facebook accounts. The first one controls your log in, the second is based on the "syncing" of accounts. I've found that this is unnecessary for the contact sync (at least for.my phone) and was slowing down the performance. Like I said, it kept creating contact profiles to the point that some contacts had 34 linked profiles (30 of which were "native facebook" profiles).