Why is it so hard? Its not Rocket Science.

jimisbell

Reaction score
When I got my DX I came here to get information on how to root, overclock, and tether it. All the information, while it probably worked, was convoluted and full of claims for no responsibility.

But then I found the app Z4root and with one click I was rooted. Then I found the app Droid x/2 Overclock and shortly I was overclocked. Then I found the app Wireless Tether and one click later I was tethered. I am now waiting for JRummys new ROM because I came to trust his software after using the overclock routine he wrote.

So whats the mystery, why all the odd ways to do these things? There is no Magic. Its easy.

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Well your using programs that you paid for to do the work for you.

Your argument is like saying, Changing the oil in your car is easy. All you do is go to a jiffy lube pay the man wait ten minutes and boda bing boda boom your done.

That being said the old fashioned way is the recommended way. One click root apps have been known to have the potential to screw up phones.

Last edited:
OP
jimisbell

jimisbell

Reaction score
Those three apps were ALL FREE. Oh, maybe the overclock one was $0.99, not sure, but it was essentially free. If you own a $499 phone and pay around $100 a month for the service, $0.99 is FREE.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
A lot of users enjoy the challenge of manually rooting and "cracking" their phones. They know, as you said, that the processes are not warranted and no user giving advise can be blamed for mishaps. I agree that the one-click apps are easy to use and great for novice users. For those that like free.... the information is out there for those that feel like searching the forums.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those three apps were ALL FREE. Oh, maybe the overclock one was $0.99, not sure, but it was essentially free. If you own a $499 phone and pay around $100 a month for the service, $0.99 is FREE.

can i have 99 cents sent to my paypal account every month? :)

and of course stuff is going to get easier. when the phone came out, no one knew how to do anything in regards to hacking it. rooting was done with adb and took a while even if you knew what you were doing, now its all packaged into an app.

its like starting at the stone age and working ur way back up to modern day. cant expect it to be easy when all you have is a rock :wink:

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Free

First there is the problem.
Then come the rocket scientists,
and the problem is solved,
for other rocket scientists.

Then come the engineers,
and the problem is solved
for engineers.

Then comes everyone else
and they complain