Why Hello Dere!

bryanluvgod

Reaction score
I am a Droid X owner. I previously owned a Motorola Q WinMo 6.1 phone. For those of you familiar with those phones, you must know how much happier I am with the Droid.

I work for an IT Consulting company. Work pays for my phone, so that is extra awesome. I am not happy with Moto for their crappy modifications to the Android platform that causes our updates to be delayed. I am happy that FroYo finally released, and overall am enjoying it very much.

I do have one other issue that I will be addressing in a new thread...just stopping by this one here to say hello. My name is Bryan. In my spare time, I like to play Xbox 360 and hang with friends. I am also a ninja. Beware. :ph34r:

-B

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I see you all ready have a few posts under your belt so I imagine you are already asking questions. Glad to have you here.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Getting your company to pay for your phone is a bonus. Will they let you root it?

OP
B

bryanluvgod

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It's unlikely that they'll let me root it. I'm not really sure I'd want to anyway. I haven't looked into it much, and perhaps it would offer me much more functionality, but it works well as it is, and I don't know if I want to take the risk of bricking the company phone. We do have insurance policies on them, but I just don't want to cause any trouble, you know?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello & welcome to the forum!

In addition to the X sub-forums here, we also have www.droidxforums.com ...jump in & enjoy!

If you need anything, just ask!

Sent from my DX

OP
B

bryanluvgod

Reaction score
Well I'll be, smalltowngirl13. Thanks for that bit of info. I was unaware there was a forum specific to the DX. Perhaps that forum will be more relevant and specific to my needs then.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! It's unlikely that they'll let me root it. I'm not really sure I'd want to anyway. I haven't looked into it much, and perhaps it would offer me much more functionality, but it works well as it is, and I don't know if I want to take the risk of bricking the company phone. We do have insurance policies on them, but I just don't want to cause any trouble, you know?

Rooted or not, you are still going to have a great device! Enjoy!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Well I'll be, smalltowngirl13. Thanks for that bit of info. I was unaware there was a forum specific to the DX. Perhaps that forum will be more relevant and specific to my needs then.

We welcome you to use both... alot of us do... both places are great to hang out. :)

Sent from my DX