Why does the iPhone still get the coolest apps?

Logan176

Reaction score
I love my Dinc. I like how I can customize the home screens and how I can add contacts to them. I also really like the free gps and the Google integration. However, the "Jesus Phone" still gets some of the coolest apps.

Now I'm not trying to say that the Android Market doesn't have cool apps... because it does have some sweet ones. But Apple has the remote car starter that can work from anywhere there's 3g or WiFi. I'd also love to have the new all-in-one tv remote that just plugs into the headphones jack. There are a few other ones too that I can't remember right now.

Perhaps I'm over generalizing. Maybe more developers put out iOS apps because it's one phone with one resolution that reaches the masses. If that's the case, I hope that Google can do a little to unify the different Android headsets while allowing them to keep their own identity. From what I hear Gingerbread might help with this. I won't hold my breath but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Sent using my Droid Incredible

OP
L

Logan176

Reaction score
Okay, I should probably slap my own hand for parts of my last post. Some of the apps I really wanted have shown up in the app store. I just found the Viper remote car starter and a few OBD II code readers. But I still believe that whenever I see some awesome app being advertised for the first time, I'll do a search and find it for Apple and not Android.

riko540

Reaction score
Yeah they get it first but give it some time and they make over to the Android market.

sent from my pocket

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an iPad and I am not that impressed with what I see in the apps store.

Yes, they may have more "cool" apps but these things come with a price. In the Market we get things for free or a buck or so. Over there it costs 10.00 to purchase a good app.

And heaven help you if you want a refund. No simple 24 hour policy like in the Market, you have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get your money back.

I think the Android Market is just fine. I don't want it to be another App Store.