Why does the browser automatically turn sideways? I want it upright, til I turn it!

chazknapp88

Reaction score
New to using a Droid 3, have already had to perform a factory reset. Now, after the reset, My browser automatically turns sideways, even with the phone upright...I hate that it does that. It didn't do it before the Factory Reset. I have lloked through all the menus, app settings, everything I can think of to fix this issue....please, someone give me a reason not to chunk this thing back at the nearest Verizon store!!!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Should be a setting in settings in display, Auto-rotate. I dont have a D3 but that's how it is on most droids.

OP
C

chazknapp88

Reaction score
thanx, but that didn't work...

Should be a setting in settings in display, Auto-rotate. I dont have a D3 but that's how it is on most droids.

Thanx for the response, but it doesn't work either way...tried it....twice actually.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What about: In your browser hit the menu button > More > Settings > and in here make sure Landscape-only Display is not checked.

OP
C

chazknapp88

Reaction score
that worked....awesome!

That worked....guess I just gotta learn this thing...

What about: In your browser hit the menu button > More > Settings > and in here make sure Landscape-only Display is not checked.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Glad it worked! And there is always something new to learn, keeps it interesting.