Why does it take so long for the dialer to pop?

kms1325

Reaction score
More often than not, when I try to call someone, it doesn't respond...sometimes I end up tapping the contact multiple times and end up calling them many times at once.

Why is this?

Danorexic

Reaction score
That sounds abnormal. Do you have any apps that are able to interfere with your contacts or dialer? You could try a factory reset back to stock and see if the problem persists then. [After backing up anything you need, obviously].

tktouch12

Reaction score
i would agree that the dialer/ phone app is pretty slow. i have my phone overclocked and all my apps are super fast. but once it go into phone/contacts. it gets unresponsive and lagish. i dont know why, i dont really worry about it anymore, but its weird

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Notice it every once in a while myself. Funny thing is, actually calling someone is the least common thing I do with the phone. :) Text like crazy though.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would try a factory reset. then redo my apps one by one. The dialer should be close to instant. That was you will see if you have an app that is interfering

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before I rooted, and if I was using Home++ and Google Voice I had really bad issues with the dialer too. Those problems disappeared when I quit using GV and rooted and said goodbye to Home++ forever.