Need a couple of tips, please

Rocky

Reaction score
Hello. I have two questions regarding little issues with the Droid:

1. Sometimes, when I tap on an app, another one pops up. How come?
  2. Sometimes the browser windows I have dissapear, sometimes they last quite a while (don't remember how long or if I end up closing them).

Has this happened to any of you? How'd you fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Rocky

mjs31

Reaction score
Need a little more information. Tap an app where? Browser windows dissapear while surfing the web?

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Need a little more information. Tap an app where? Browser windows dissapear while surfing the web?
Oopsie, I forgot to be more specific.

Say, I tap the Messaging app in the main screen and I the Weather Channel app runs and gives me the forecast.

The windows dissapear after using the browser and coming back to it later.

Hope that's better. Thanks for your concern.

Regards,
Rocky

toddegreene

Reaction score
The same started happening to me a few days ago. For me, it's limited to Browser and Alarm Clock occasionally opening the other app when opened from main screen. If I had to guess, I'd say a third party app is not playing well with others. Since it's only happened a few times, I haven't taken the uninstall until it doesn't happen anymore route.

aristo1963

Reaction score
A few times when I first started using my DROID I would be in an app or browsing and the home would just pop up,I'm like WT????
It finally took the search just popping up a couple of times for me to realise I was accidentally brushing the home button with my thumb:p
made a slight adjustment to how I hold the phone and it has never happened again.

toddegreene

Reaction score
I'm almost positive it's not operator error, I made the physical adjustment a while ago. I was hitting the back button with a wraparound pinky. I'm sure it's not me brushing one or the other accidentally, the Browser is on the center screen and the Alarm Clock is on the right screen.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
The same started happening to me a few days ago. For me, it's limited to Browser and Alarm Clock occasionally opening the other app when opened from main screen. If I had to guess, I'd say a third party app is not playing well with others. Since it's only happened a few times, I haven't taken the uninstall until it doesn't happen anymore route.
Hi. Yeah, it only happens to me every now and then, not regurarly. It's just frustrating when you wanna open an app and get another one to pop up.

When that happens again, I'll just try opening the app from that sliding tab screen; maybe that'll help.

A few times when I first started using my DROID I would be in an app or browsing and the home would just pop up,I'm like WT????
It finally took the search just popping up a couple of times for me to realise I was accidentally brushing the home button with my thumb:p
made a slight adjustment to how I hold the phone and it has never happened again.
Hi. Hehehe. Yeah, that happens, but it's totally different than what's happened 2 me.

Regards,
Rocky