Why did you root?

S

spacemanps

Overclocking! it makes the phone run perfect. Granted i only OC it to 800 but i can OC to 1200 if i feel i want to.

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
OK, after rooting what do you do to overclock? Is it automatic? If so. I WANT TO ROOT...

S

spacemanps

OK, after rooting what do you do to overclock? Is it automatic? If so. I WANT TO ROOT...

Well first root, then choose your rom (bugless beast 2.1 or 2.01, or Smoked glass 4 or 5 (im personally on smoked 5.x) Most of the Roms overclock and have setcpu to control the level of overclock but if not you can always install Chevy's Kernel (via update.zip in sprecovery)

might i add that i have only been doing this for about 2 weeks, so if i make a mistake in my explanation please dont kill me... im still learning

Dunc

Reaction score
Main reason: overclock. All the other perks were nice too.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The real reason: Peer pressure. But I stayed with it for overclocking.

pyro6128

Reaction score
because a rooted-themed-overclocked droid will absolutely smash a stock 550mhz droid in every single way imaginable. Its not even fair

Anj

Reaction score
Like most others, I rooted mainly to overclock and customize everything. I'm not going back lol

loophole

Reaction score
Where can I get written instructions? PM me if needed.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html

There is the link on how to root your droid. I just bought a droid YESTERDAY and rooted it last night. I had been doing reading on this forum 2 days prior and after reading up on everything as far as modding the phone with bugless beast I was sold on the droid! The instructions were very simple to follow. I'm a noob as far as a droid user goes but I'm a geek when it comes to computers. If your a bit of a geek and have some understanding of computers then this is really the iphone killer in my opinion. Over Clocking is simple just follow this guide to the T and you should have 0 problems. Once I knew I would be able to speed up the processor I ran straight to the VW store and picked one up! Couldn't be happier! Hope the link helps you

pyro6128

Reaction score
i would recommend against using dmupdater. A LOT of people on here who use dmupdater and have no idea what they're doing end up coming back on the forum and complaining about problems and things they did wrong and end up crying asking for a lot of help. Asking for help is fine, but why put yourself in that situation. When you try to cut corners you end up costing yourself way more time in the long run. If you already understand this stuff by all means use the updater. If you don't, follow the guide. You'll end up learning some stuff and saving yourself a lot of time and heartache on here asking people to fix what you did wrong.

RSC10

Reaction score
I rooted because it allows so much MORE customization of the Droid. Overclocking to just 800 Mhz makes a tremendous difference. Give Bugless Beast 2.1 a try with Adamz 1.1 Ghz kernal. You'll never go back. Smoothness, faster application openings, live wallpapers...the list goes on and on. Did I mention it's pretty simple to do ? Go for it !!
:icon_ banana:

dtartini

Reaction score
I rooted for the OC like most others but I have really got addicted to MM. I change my theme about once a week. Plus I love having tech stuff before everyone else does, ie live wallpapers before the OTA.

S

spacemanps

I rooted for the OC like most others but I have really got addicted to MM. I change my theme about once a week. Plus I love having tech stuff before everyone else does, ie live wallpapers before the OTA.

I think its cool to have the live wallpapers... but doesnt it eat up your battery?