Why did you root?

cosmonaut

Reaction score
OK, Tell me. What is the grandest thing you are doing since rooting and why you did it? Just curious what one can do that would make it worth while.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Overclocking to 1.2 Ghz

antyoo

Reaction score
why did i root...

the hard drive in my laptop died last saturday night, i was pissed off and needed something to do to get my mind off of my dead laptop and lost data. the rooting/romming and home screen setup process and initial playing kept me busy till i decided to go to bed.

what do i do with the phone that rooting/romming allowed me to do...

i screw around with live wallpapers, enjoy the new clock and overclock to 800mhz.

NeutronBomb

Reaction score
I rooted so I could change the color of my notification bar. Ill never go back to stock because of overclocking.

lockman

Reaction score
I rooted to try to reach the phone's full potential. It deserved it.Plus, because I could.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I rooted so I could change the color of my notification bar. Ill never go back to stock because of overclocking.

Not only the notification bar, but EVERYTHING! Launcher tab, keyboard (WITHOUT buying better keyboard), stock apps like market, gmail, etc all can have nice little color accents...Metamorph is awesome.

As for the overclocking, I have to agree as well. It's worth it just for that imo.

I rooted just to check it out thinking I'd go back, if not right away, when 2.1 finally came out. But now, I've got all of the best parts of 2.1 that I wanted, PLUS my phone is customized to better reflect myself and my style AND it performs faster!
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

huskur

Reaction score
wifi tethering is a big plus to. Nice to have a wifi hotspot on your hip when needed.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rooted mostly out of curiosity at first, then thought 2.1 was going to be released about 3 weeks ago, then got tired of waiting, so rooted again using Smoked Glass, and now I'm so hooked on the ROM that I don't care when 2.1 comes out. I now have OC 800mhz, awesome themes, and great support on DF.

lennywc

Reaction score
I rooted my droid because I wanted to use google earth on my phone, got tired of waiting for 2.1.
I know zip about linux and phones in general but I read up and managed to root it and install google earth and it runs beautifully. I also installed drocap2 and am able to grab images off google earth, its great. Also, I installed that. Addkilling app, works very well. And I installed the root file manager, what a great app. Every one should root their phones, it is easy and it is worth the time.
My thanks to droidforums for the invaluable assistance.

Merire

Reaction score
I rooted my milestone just for one app : led hack. Now I can sleep with my milestone in the dock, and the bedroom is in dark !