Who Wins The Final Battle of the 2011 SUPERPHONES!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Somehow I doubt it bends, considering the PCB could break it's soldered connections.

But durable yes.

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
i thought i saw that in the home page news feed too...the flexibility thing

kparks

Reaction score
I am so down for the Galaxy Nexus but I have been checking out alot of videos of the Droid RAZR and it looks pretty sweet, I love the design (ultra thin, flexible, kevlar, gorilla glass) and how they supposedly made it to be very "durable" plus water resistant. Almost 80% of my phones have been Motorola and I've been fairly happy with their products. I don't know anyone who has a Samsung phone so I don't know too much about their history. The only thing that concerns me with these phones is battery life, smoothness & responsiveness, reception, and software issues. I think until these phones get out into the population its hard to say which one will be the best phone.
Man if u like moto keep buying moto... If u like HTC keep buying HTC...if u like Samsung consider getting a HTC or moto lol... Samsung makes some cheep cheep phones I can't stand the plastic build quality.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sammy is not known for build quality and I am all about the Nexus...ultimately my phone is like a person. It's the inside that counts.

All that + they added a metal (adamantium???) skeleton inside the device, so it will feel more durable/solid than past sammy phones. Definitely inside that counts.

kparks

Reaction score
Sammy is not known for build quality and I am all about the Nexus...ultimately my phone is like a person. It's the inside that counts.
Lol funny... but what's in the inside of the nexus is not all that impressive tho... Only If ICS is not a absolute must have and I mean MUST have!! If not Then go with the razr or rezound..

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd rather have tried and true hardware that has been around long enough to have software optimized to run on it than bleeding edge tech that can't be utilized to it's fullest potential and has a large chance to develop glitches and quirks because it has never had solid use with any of the software or other hardware before.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol funny... but what's in the inside of the nexus is not all that impressive tho... Only If ICS is not a absolute must have and I mean MUST have!! If not Then go with the razr or rezound..

You do realize the Nexus has the same GPU as the razor right? And it's CPU is the more developed 4460 which is underclocked to 1.2 from 1.5?

Not even comparing the Rezound since I like my battery to last longer than 2 hours.

kparks

Reaction score
You do realize the Nexus has the same GPU as the razor right? And it's CPU is the more developed 4460 which is underclocked to 1.2 from 1.5?

Not even comparing the Rezound since I like my battery to last longer than 2 hours.

I didn't say were not slightly better I said not that impressive..but to me the cheep plastic build quality ruins it if u take that same phone and throw it in a razor case then yea it would be a pretty nice phone .. and test have not been run on the rezound for battery life yet..

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

plus the 4460 has the gpu clocked much higher than the 4430 thats in the razr.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't say were not slightly better I said not that impressive..but to me the cheep plastic build quality ruins it if u take that same phone and throw it in a razor case then yea it would be a pretty nice phone .. and test have not been run on the rezound for battery life yet..

So you're saying the Rezound has better specs because the numbers are higher right?

You do understand that CPU's are made differently.

To me, the Razr's appearance is a joke, a phone for kids to see and say they want it because it looks cool. I'm an adult, I want something that looks professional, not a kevlar back plate.

Apparently plastic means bad now? You realize many plastics used on phones are more durable than metal yes?

Last edited:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

yeah they pretty much have. the processor and lte radio have been out a while and the lte has killed battery and the 1.5 processor without lte has killed battery so put the 2 together and it wont be good.
But neither will be the nexus. the batteries are just not big enough for the power they are consuming with this generation of chipsets.
this is where the rezound will have an advantage though. replaceable battery and im imagining cheaper than the nexus as the nexus nfc is built into the battery.
the razr you cant replace the battery and i think that will be a problem.
has anyone never had to do a battery pull on any device. how is that gonna work?
all 3 phones have advantages and disadvantages its just what you prefer.
the nexus wins for me simpley d/t unlocked bootloader and ics. if somehow verizon locks its bootloader than it would be a tossup.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Pshh didn't read any of the other posts as I'm about to run out the door but this ones easy evo 3d hands down :p

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz