Who should we donate to for bootloader work?

gat0man

Reaction score
Who/what is the best individual or group to donate funds to for working on cracking the bootloader/getting around efuse? I'm very interested in this and am willing to donate money to help, as I'm sure others are, just wondering where the money will be best used.

ferraritmnt

Reaction score
Look through the post about a custom kernel by aliasxerog. It's very recent.

I don't know that he has asked for donations but he definitely wants some help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

fpatano

Reaction score
Or koush. He made rom manager.

No offence, but he did ask about "cracking the bootloader/getting around efuse", even though ROM Manger is great and the Bootstrap app is amazing, the bootloader still isnt cracekd and we still cant get custom kernels to load.

Personally I support everyone by buying the apps, I bought the Premium Rom Manager, I bought the Bootstrapper app (Instead of downloading the free one), I bought JRummys Droid X/2 Overclock, I support any Dev that makes something cool and puts it on the market. I really don't like PayPal, so I really don't like to donate that way.

I think that what aliasxerog is doing to load a custom kernel is more important than working around the ability to load a custom kernel and deserves more attention.

/my2cents

zodder

Reaction score
Personally I support everyone by buying the apps, I bought the Premium Rom Manager, I bought the Bootstrapper app (Instead of downloading the free one), I bought JRummys Droid X/2 Overclock, I support any Dev that makes something cool and puts it on the market.
That's how I do it, too. I've supported individual ROM makers through Paypal, but I mostly buy the great apps these devs have worked their asses off to make.

scubieman

Reaction score
Or koush. He made rom manager.

No offence, but he did ask about "cracking the bootloader/getting around efuse", even though ROM Manger is great and the Bootstrap app is amazing, the bootloader still isnt cracekd and we still cant get custom kernels to load.

Personally I support everyone by buying the apps, I bought the Premium Rom Manager, I bought the Bootstrapper app (Instead of downloading the free one), I bought JRummys Droid X/2 Overclock, I support any Dev that makes something cool and puts it on the market. I really don't like PayPal, so I really don't like to donate that way.

I think that what aliasxerog is doing to load a custom kernel is more important than working around the ability to load a custom kernel and deserves more attention.

/my2cents

No offense taking. Like you said a lot of great people out there.