Who hates YOUR droid?

dolpns13

Reaction score
My girlfriends HATES my phone, she doesn't understand :/
And she never will lol
I love her to death but it's annoying, I mean I know I'm on it a lot lol but not when I'm actually with her! Just this one time I had to hold off like 20 minutes or a little more, because I was rooting my droid for first time and someone was helping me through Google Chat, so I couldn't leave my post yet! I think after that she hated it lmao

My mom doesn't like it either.... well she does but hates that I'm on it a lot..
Stepdad doesn't like it either... Pisses me off. EVERY TIME a droid commercial comes on now it's AWKWARD in the house! You get that beginning "DROOOOOID!" sound and then every time you hear some kind of noise or mostly, little complaints from him. I don't even do anything, I just sit there like any of you really.
Oh.. and one time, one of his comments was "It's just a fad, be over in 6 months or so"

Wtf? No? lol

idk, just been mad about people not understanding with their close minded selves, and hating it for no reason.

Ok I'm done :)

Anything on your end?

Haha.. I got the same story with my wife... She hates my phone and hates that I am always on it. I'll be on MSNBC.com or something and she'll ask me who I am talking to or put that damn phone down.. Lol.. Gla dot see im not the only one suffering :)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
What bugs me the most are the closed minded iPhone users. Even if they have never even touched a Droid, they're the first to bash, trash talk, rip on Droids, and Droid users.

When I try and tell them about Droids, all I'm doing is to tell them about the perks the Droid has to offer. I rarely say anything negative about iPhones (because I was an iPhone owner for 3 years, and loved it, I just hated AT&T and the customer service from Apple).

I have been in a constant argument with a "friend" of mine who has drank the Apple punch, and is a die hard iPhone fanboy whose basis of argument for pretty much anything I have to say is based on sales statistics and who has sold more phones. Of course more iPhones will have been sold, they have been out for years longer than the Droid. Whenever I bring up a good point, he usually is reduced to making a personal attack against me, or something that has nothing to do with phones or which OS is better, or anything relevant for that matter.

I can't seem to make myself clear to him (or many others who are the same): I AM NOT BASHING THE IPHONE! I am just saying there is more out there that is worth trying before you immediately bash it and assume it's garbage.

I'm not sure why people like my friend frustrate me so much. I love my Droid, he loves his iPhone. We both have our own opinions about our own devices, and the competition's devices. I guess it's just their closed minds and cult-like following they have towards Steve Jobs...

That felt good haha. Now I won't be all worked up during my 11 hour shift at work today.

I work in a five person office (Me - and four women) and only one of the ladies and myself are really into smart phones. The other lady has one of the brand new iPhones, which I think is pretty cool, and she in turn likes my Droid - particularly the versatility, as well as the many themes I'm alwas showing off. There have been numerous pleasant exchanges between us over the relative merits of out two different operating systems, and I gotta admit that I *like* having another person I can chat about Smart Phones with.

-Mike

brianes99

Reaction score
nobody. A few people tease about the i4 hype. But, in fact, I was the first to own any droid os phone (I have moto droid). Now there are 7 with them.

driftsucky

Reaction score
My wife. every txt msg I get (which is a lot) says "DROID". Every phone call is that Geico ring tone from the bathroom ("aringidy ding ding dingy doe...."). And every time my phone does something her blackberry doesn't (which is a LOT) or does it faster, I always hold up my phone and say "Droid Does". lol. I'm kinda an ass. But it's all in good fun. Oh, and one of our close married friends (on her side...the wife...the husband in my homeboy) just got the Incredible and LOVES it. We always geek it up when we do dinner dates.

also, most of my friends with iPhones cuz everytime their phone breaks, I'll say something like "Does your phone work right now? No? Droid does"

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My girlfriend wants to smash mine and her mom hates it as well. They say i'm on it too much but it's just so amazing i love customizing it and changing roms and just everything about it

Rindaen

Reaction score
Put the phone down !

The Wife/GF is much better to touch ! :icon_ devil:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm laid off right now, so my real wife calls my neighbor I hang out with, my unemployment wife and my Droid, my Droid wife...."Droid wife I love you the most of all"!

carpenter_22

Reaction score
i decided it was in my best interest to put the phone down when my girl is home she was getting irritated that i was always messing with it.

I love the phone i have had 5 replacements but still love it

ewells2420

Reaction score
6 months spent with this device, 18 to go ...
should've stuck with my blackberry ....

although pretty good at browsing, navigating, some sweet free apps ...
BBOS is more solid and robust.

......why so serious? But really, BBOS? Really? Damn I just got rid of my storm and will NEVER go back. EVER.

Reasons I love my driod:

1. Its fast. Fast enough for me anyway.
2. Its customizable. I am not limited in what I can do with it.
3. Its based on linux, need I say more?
4. Droid does-does.

I have used the iphone. It is a nice interface and speedy ... but in the end its just not for me. I dont care too much for all flash and no go.

Last edited:
S

spacemanps

All my iphone friends are all haters... they are just jealous they cant multi task like i can

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
My wife hates her Moto Droid as a phone

My wife hates her Motorola Droid as a phone. She has terrible service - calls sound like crap, calls get dropped, people she calls can't hear her, every few calls the phone will screetch.

But she loves all the her apps and all of the other functionality of the droid.

Why can't she have both?

I have the Incredible and I think it rocks! But, I'm not having any where near the issues she's been having...

ewells2420

Reaction score
My wife hates her Motorola Droid as a phone. She has terrible service - calls sound like crap, calls get dropped, people she calls can't hear her, every few calls the phone will screetch.

But she loves all the her apps and all of the other functionality of the droid.

Why can't she have both?

I have the Incredible and I think it rocks! But, I'm not having any where near the issues she's been having...

She needs to take it back ASAP to get it replaced.

carpenter_22

Reaction score

I have had 5 replacements because the speaker that you put your ear to starts to sound like crap after a month.