1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Who took advantage!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by 713King, Oct 1, 2010.

1. 713King

713King New Member

So who in here took advantage to get the Fascinate at Best Buy for free!! I just got home from getting this awesome phone, I ended up adding a line on family plan for my wife. This phone is pretty amazing and I might just tell her I'm getting hers and she is getting my Droid X lol.
  2. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

Did you keep bing on it? I know that the specs are good, but I think bing is inferior to google IMHO. But everyone has there preferences and as long as it's android I am cool with it. Congrats on the free phone.
  3. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus New Member

How did it work an what phones are they offering, I have two upgrades i could use on my plan (Fam plan an old people who just wanna make phone calls rule! :icon_ banana: )
  4. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

How long is this available?
  5. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Sweet, just called them. They are going to be doing this every Friday this month. Def looking for this.
  6. FranklinWalker

FranklinWalker New Member

are you sure it is free?
  7. 713King

713King New Member

Yes it was free and the Fascinate was only for this friday, next friday they will change phones and will randomly pick a top smart phone from every carrier. But yea I was actually able to do voice search without installing any launcher and directed me to google.com also I haven't messed with bing yet since I removed it from home screen since I will get her Launcher Pro on her phone. But yea over all I like the phone, video quality and picture quality is pretty good for 5 mp camera! I hope other people were able to get this free phone at Best Buy
  8. GrinReaper

GrinReaper Member

@713, the screenshots in the sig, are they the revolution theme on the DX? Do i need to root it to install it ?

TIA
  9. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Yes you need root to install themes/roms.
  10. 713King

713King New Member

Yes just like titan replied! its a very nice theme. Also just make sure you make a back up and name it stock froyo so just in case you just want to return to stock with root just use the backup. I use it all the time, especially when installing new themes.