who get benefit the most from the Droid?

nolanandy

Reaction score
Google, Verizon, or Motorola? I've been monitor their stock, but they have not moved that much. Also, when are we going to receive ads banners from Google? Will this ads banners download count toward our data plan. I don't think it will be much.

xjman349

Reaction score
Verizon over all. Motorola and Google at the beginning.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Google, Verizon, or Motorola? I've been monitor their stock, but they have not moved that much. Also, when are we going to receive ads banners from Google? Will this ads banners download count toward our data plan. I don't think it will be much.

What add banners?

OP
N

nolanandy

Reaction score
why google give out free OS to the phone maker? they don't just do it for nothing. My co-workers and I had a discussion about this yesterday, we think that since there is a GPS chip built-in, google will figure a way to send out ads banner about the local business around the location that we are in. Let's hope this is not a case.

LordKastle

Reaction score
All three but mostly Google.

I say Google because if you see the direction of the OS, every app and widget is becoming Google-related. Android is supposed to have open development but more and more people are just using programs promoted by Google. People are becoming dependent on everything Google (Gmail, Voice, Nav, etc etc etc)..for better or worse.

At first I would say Verizon because they now have a flagship phone to battle the iPhone and AT&T..but with rumors of Apple coming over in late 2010, this logic will be faulted.

The Droid saved Motorola from collapsing in the smartphone industry.

All 3 have been equally benefited...but when you think down the line and in the future you will see that Google's infiltration began now. Because when it was just T-Mobile, Google/Android was a failure -- large scale picture wise.

Silvana_Pineda

Reaction score
I say Motorola in the long run. Especially since there will be a push to adopt the European cellular model. Phones being unlocked and using chips to provide service, or so I've heard.

joshua117

Reaction score
don't know about the ads. however they all will benifit from the driod, vzw with the contracts and all of them from the sales. (can't remember motorola's last big phone..the razor?) google also gets the spot light on it's android os, not that it was unheard of before but this is taking it to the next level.

as for google giving out their os for nothing, well it is and interesting move, i'm not sure what their plans are for the future (especially with the nexus one not being carrier specific) but then again they have the money and can do just about anything they want and not worry too much. i would imagine this is a precursor to something much bigger for google.

miltk

Reaction score
why google give out free OS to the phone maker? they don't just do it for nothing. My co-workers and I had a discussion about this yesterday, we think that since there is a GPS chip built-in, google will figure a way to send out ads banner about the local business around the location that we are in. Let's hope this is not a case.

If they sent out annoying banners, the phone would lose appeal. Let's say there was a battle betwen the iphone and droid, it doesn't make sense for google to give the iphone an advantage.

jmacal83

Reaction score
I would say all are benefiting from the DROID, maybe more than the others.

boatman2220

Reaction score
In the long run Google and Verizon, because other makers than Motorola will be making Android phones. Maybe Motorola has seen the light and sees what it takes to have a great phone and will continue down this road. In the short term who benefits? We do!