Which ROM do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by b-jammin21, Sep 8, 2010.

1. KsKnightmare

KsKnightmare Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ive tried most roms and so far i like Bugless Beast the best, i woud say liquid froyo or simply stunning is a close second.

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why are these even being compared. There is no doubt that CM is miles and miles above BB, mostly in this version. I personally feel like BB has a large fanbase for some reason, but I really don't think the ROM itself (at least version 0.4) even comes close to some other ROMs out there. Maybe the 0.5 version will give it more power...

3. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I actually just saw that in another post just now. I will give it a try and let you know if it works. Thanks a million for the help.

EDIT: It worked. Thanks again.

#27 b-jammin21, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  4. freshnezzz

freshnezzz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bugless waited too long to release .4 i had to switch to cyanogen.

5. Wildrat

Wildrat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use the Gestapo Filtering ROM. It's the gas!

6. wojtalsd

wojtalsd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have used Cyanogen, Sapphire, BB, and SS. I keep going back to SS. Just seems to work best with my phone. Im sure I will keep trying others!

7. vannope

vannope New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I absolutely agree with Cereal Killer. I've gone from ROM to ROM and Theme to Theme simply because they're all so good. Of course it doesn't help that I'm A.D.H.D. so thank God for Meds. :icon_wink:

Some things do work better on my D-1 than others... Chevy's kernels run flawlessly, for instance. CM6, IMHO, has the largest amount of options to play with. However, I run LauncherPro and, despite trying all the tips found here, the screen redraws are laggey, but I keep trying out new tricks.

Actually, I'm glad there's so many different things to choose from and experiment with... I'm having an absolute blast playing around

8. blazed1

blazed1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used BB for a while and was quite satisfied with it. However after some curiosity I wanted to try some other ROM's out to see the difference. So far I have tried SS 4.7, CM6, UD8, and Shadow Rom. For me they all ran great. I did have a problem with FC's at first until I started using Slayhers kernals, my phone loves them. As many have said which rom you want to use pretty much depends on which extra's and theme's you want. For me my favorite is Shadow Rom, I just didn't like the way it looked or care too much for the themes that are available for it so far. The best looking ROM to me is UD8 so I took some pieces from that, added it to Shadow Rom (along with some stuff from other ROM's / themes and now I'm happy with what I have.

9. papafobb

papafobb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running Bugless now. Reading this thread has me interested in others I haven't tried. Guess what I'm doing today!!!

Switched to ss4.7. Wow

#33 papafobb, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  10. doctordoctor

doctordoctor Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Liquid with 928droid black glass theme. Cm6 did not wok for me

11. 96accord

96accord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Until this past week I have only used BB ROM's but I switched to CM6 and <3 it.

The OTA updates that BB ROM couldn't stop pissed me off so I switched and <3 the CM6 ROM! :)

Only have been using it for a couple days but so far so good. No issues.

-Jeff

12. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    try something new!

i've run pretty much every rom out there (except for Chevy's new SS 4.7). there's not a bad one in the bunch! but, if you're looking for something new, or just want to change things up, try actngrezy's Project Elite: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/81351-rom-release-project-elite-3.html

i don't know him from Adam, but he PM'd me out of the blue a couple days ago and asked if i would test a rom he was working on. being the flashaholic i am, i said "sure." and i gotta tell ya - WOW!!!!

this thing is ultra smooth, and super quick - screen to screen, screen to previews, and in/out/between apps. it comes stock with SlaYHer's 1000 kernel, already overclocked. and just with the stock, and no monkeying with setCPU, i'm consistently getting Quadrants above 1300 - i even hit over 1400 last night with the final version; first time EVER on my phone with a 1000 kernel.

it has 3 different launchers to choose from - Touchwiz, LP, and ADW. and, it has a lot of the bowers inverted/black apps - gmail, facebook, and twitter - which i really like! i have had ZERO FC issues on anything.

give it a flash - actngrezy did some nice work on this thing!!!

EDIT: the Huskers pulldown is not stock - that's my own personal MM add-on from stewart1champ :)

#36 huskerkate, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010