Which ROM do you prefer? MOTO Droid

woogyboogy

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to figure out which ROM is the best for battery life, speed, and performance. I plan on buying the Droid Bionic when it is released, but until then I am just experimenting. I'm wondering what is the best ROM you guys prefer. Right now I'm running Bugless Beast 0.6.1. Before I switched to BB I had Cyanogen and I was told BB was better, But I have noticed the battery life isn't as great. BB has a built in Setcpu and I have mine at MAX: 800, and MIN: 550, on demand.

If anyone can give me their opinions, that would be great! Thanks!!!

jimmydene84

Reaction score
SIMPLY STUNNING ALL THE WAY! I have been on this ROM forever. Battery life is great (chevys ulv1250 kernel) completly stable, it has built in overclocking but I still use setcpu for the profiles

sent with my thumbs

bake3020

Reaction score
Which rom do you prefer

I hate to sound dumb but whats a ROM and what is it's purpose? Should I
be looking into getting one and so-forth?:hail:
I am new to the Droid thing and do not understand a lot of things, but I am learning.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Iryman

Reaction score
im with Jimmy on this one. Chevy's ss is the best i have found. Lot of ROMs work great from the start but really boog down after a while. ss is one that works best for me and my droid

aBoldPatriotsFan

Reaction score
Hey i think i have a very basic knowledge of what a ROM is. I want to know where can i get the most up to date links and downloads to root, and install a custom rom on a Moto Droid A855 with 2.2.1

Like i say i know just enough to know what they are but not enough to know which ones work with which android versions and what not.

Thanks.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i'm trying to decide at the moment which i should go with too. (i've been away from my d1 for a while)
i like the features of ultimate droid and that its still developed for, but it doesnt seem very fast
back in the day, i was always sold on bugless beast. i'm thinking about giving it a try again.

the 3rd i used to use was ss, is it still developed? or is his latest rom pretty old? i might give that a try because ud is getting really slow for me.

i've never used cyanogen mod. is it pretty fast (even after a while)?

JukeBoxDeNiro

Reaction score
I've been trying out quite a few, and so far I've learned Pete's Bugless Beast is simple, and quick, (but I, personally, was having issues receiving text messages on the current release) Cyanogen is quick and a bit more customizable. I'm sticking with Cyanogen for a while I think. I have yet to have any FC's and every kernel I throw in it runs snappy and smooth.

J

Johnly

I've been trying out quite a few, and so far I've learned Pete's Bugless Beast is simple, and quick, (but I, personally, was having issues receiving text messages on the current release) Cyanogen is quick and a bit more customizable. I'm sticking with Cyanogen for a while I think. I have yet to have any FC's and every kernel I throw in it runs snappy and smooth.
I agree, Cyo is more tricked out, but my GFs D1 runs way better on BB. I don't run her phone past 800Mhz though....

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
miuis latest release is very nice, and the home app seems like its quick for the first time ever, still seems impossible to save messages from sms messages though.

if you want to load a rom and just use it without tinkering at all i'd recommend project elite.

if you have a little know how with android, i'd recommend a new rom called sourcery, but the default theme is kinda ugly...but it has built in theming.

whats gonna affect your batt life is your kernel choice..and using a minimum of 550 is just strange, why would you want your idle phone running at a speed thats higher then the phone was originally clocked?

joshoid

Reaction score
I've been running CM6.1.2 and love it. Battery life is good, highly customizable and just runs smooth. I did run BB and Nightly but wasn't as impressed.

vstarx

Reaction score
ask 25 people and you will get 25 opinions but with roms and kernels you need to test a few to see what works best on our phone I find BB and Sourcery work good on my phone

Stigy

Reaction score
Been running CyanogenMod since I had my G1 before my Droid.

I won't run any other ROM on my phone. Its an incredibly developed ROM with amazing battery life and incredible support behind it. Speed is killer too even with an OC'd kernel.

Just my two cents though.