Which Network Mode, Global or CDMA?

Pamik38

Reaction score
I have the Droid 2. It is on Automatic but should it be Automatic A or B?

tennvol

Reaction score
I leave mine on auto for cdma. I had problems with the phone switching back to global so I pulled the sim out and put it back in reversed. Now my phone says no sim inserted and is forced into cdma

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

bjwheeler

Reaction score
You should put the phone on CDMA if you don't travel outside the USA. This will improve battery life. Also, if you don't travel onside the USA, it won't matter whether your phone is set to Automatic or Home. However, if you live near a national border (e.g., within 10 miles of Canada or Mexico), then you will prefer Home to (hopefully) prevent your phone from connecting to an international tower.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
So what happens if you flip the sim card? Does it affect anything else or just the Global network?

Pamik38

Reaction score
My Droid 3 does that all the time. It keeps resetting back to Global. I have to check it atleast once a week to make sure it's on CDMA. Isn't there a way to stop it from automatically switching??

Strange....I don't know when it happened, however, my phone re-started today by itself. I just checked the Network Mode, and it's back on Global.