Where'd Swype go?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
jsh1120:
Agreed. I just bought it. My first impression is that I prefer it over Swype, and I was a heavy Swype user!

That's interesting. I really like swype. Now i guess i'll have to find that lite version of slideit and try it out.

Just one bit of advice. Give it some time. I'd been using Swype for almost two months (I think) when I started using SlideIt. And dammit I still prefer Swype. It's striking how one's brain adjusts to particular unconscious finger movements after you've done them for awhile. I still find it difficult, for example, not to "loop" for double letters or "swype up" to capitalize a letter when I use SlideIt.

I switched mainly for the reasons cited above, not because I prefer SlideIt. But I find myself less and less tempted to go back to Swype every day.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Using SlideIT now. Has anyone had any problems with anyone stealing your passwords or credit card numbers from using it? I noticed that when I selected to use it it mentioned that. Also, how can you remove it? It doesn't show up under my apps

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using SlideIT now. Has anyone had any problems with anyone stealing your passwords or credit card numbers from using it? I noticed that when I selected to use it it mentioned that. Also, how can you remove it? It doesn't show up under my apps

It doesn't show up in your app tray but it does show up in "settings>manage applications." You can uninstall it there.

As for the security of passwords and cc numbers, I'd strongly recommend that you not add them to the "dictionary." Otherwise, I think the warning is simply a "cya" legal feature.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
swype if free i downloaded it the other day its on my thread but ima copy it here

[video=youtube;LP8smJN4ZkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP8smJN4ZkM"]YouTube - How to install Swype Keyboard on Motorola Droid[/video]

something he did not mention that i ran into a snag

1) go into settings
2) click on language and keyboard
3) uncheck android keyboard (if left check it seems to over ride swype)
4) check swype keyboard.

here is the link

Motorola DROID (MILESTONE, Tao, Sholes): Swype Keyboard for Droid has leaked! - gdgt

i have some more tips on the first 4 to 5 pages of this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/25263-seen-some-questions-here-video-droidmod-2.html

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
jsh1120, thanks alot. I found it.

pilotcharles, thanks for the vid. Now I have slideIT and SWYPE. Now to decide which one I like best