Where will we go from here?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
slider_ronlouks.jpg

Seems like the world has turned on it's head for Android fans since the day of the OG Droid. We have watched Motorola go from best phone manufacturer, to being hated for blur and their strong stance for locked bootloaders, to being the cleanest most available device with an awesome camera (finally). Samsung continues to model Apple (despite all their commercials saying otherwise), HTC continues to plummet, "no-name" companies are making an impact, and Microsoft and Blackberry are making Android phones.

This ride has been a thrill and I am so amazed to see how the industry continues to evolve with technology, especially with Android. Yet I continue to be amazed at what we are continuing to see whether it be with Android wear, Android software, or phone manufacturers. We just have so many options to choose from right now no matter what you want in a phone. If you want to play with development there are devices for that, if you love big phones you have a choice there, the only group that remains unrepresented are the people who want small phones.

So where we are at with tablets, phones, wear, pay? Where can Android continue to grow and evolve?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
LG should have gotten an honorable mention. I remember when the Optimus came out and my friend got it and did nothing but complain about how awful they were and he'd never buy one of their phones again. They've really turned it around and made some quality products in the last couple of years.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. My OG Nexus 5 is still a very capable and attractive device. LG did a remarkable job on it.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You guys are correct, LG have been doing a good job lately. Especially given the stink eyes they got when they were first getting into making android phones. Year after year they release devices that are competitive with the top phones in the market. And I am seeing more and more people with choosing Lg over Samsung.

Can you imagine how android could have changed if some of the concept phones ever emerged?

Over the years I have looked at many concept android devices that some of the designs eventually made its way to future devices while others never saw the light of day.

6a00e55225079e8834012876406483970c-pi.png

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I've never heard of anyone being happy with LG since...the G2? Or G3? Even their G4 now has a bad rep.

The G3 that we own has a horrible screen and a terrible camera. I'm just not seeing it.